What do i do now i have my registration certificate?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What do i do now i have my registration certificate?

This maybe a stupid question but what do i do now i have received my certificate???I have started advertising and am looking into car insurance and public liability insurance. Who else do i register with??- HMRC etc?? I am confused and minds all over the place as so excited Yay!!But am worrying about getting things sorted ready for prospective parents.

If someone could guide me on what and where i should go now. Thanx in advance.

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

run for the hills.......

sorry couldnt resist!

Hmrc
    car and house insurance
    get childminder insurance - morton michel or NCMA
    ICO if you are going to use digital photographs and or put child's details on your computer

thats all i can think of at the moment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

mandy xxxxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have not done HMRC or ICO and am now panicking!! I have done my public liability insurance and I was told as long as I have this that was fine with my mortgage company who I have my house insurance and I don't drive so don't need to worry about car insurance.

Can someone please explain HMRC and ICO, what do I need to do and does it cost anything? Is it something I need to have in place now? I am starting to worry that I will not be ready especially as I have had 2 prospective parents in the last week and I thought I would be ready if they want me!

I feel as if this is all going to go wrong!

Thanks in advance

Mel

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by child_friendly View Post
    This maybe a stupid question but what do i do now i have received my certificate???I have started advertising and am looking into car insurance and public liability insurance. Who else do i register with??- HMRC etc?? I am confused and minds all over the place as so excited Yay!!But am worrying about getting things sorted ready for prospective parents.

If someone could guide me on what and where i should go now. Thanx in advance.
    Start earning some money hopefully!
    If all else fails......add glitter!

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Can i register with hmrc even if i haven't started my business yet?

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you need to register with ICO if you only plug your camera/phone in to your computer to print off pictures? I dont actually save or store any of them or any other information about my mindees on my computer?

Thanks

Kirsty

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Id just give them a ring and explain that you want to register as self employed but you have not actually started earning as yet and see what they say.

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanx, its coz i'm not opening until mid March. Should i wait to register with the hmrc, car insurance, childminder insurance, ICO until i actually open my business or should/can i do it now to save time?

pre-reg
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

When I did my training I was told not to register with HMRC until I was actually earning but I rang them when I had somebody who was interested and they said that I should have called them as soon as I started advertising so I would give them a call asap.

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I was told you have three months to register once you are earning in case you change your mind. It would be nice if everyone was told the same thing!! Its so frustrating.