Any childminders in the Grays, Thurrock area?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Any childminders in the Grays, Thurrock area?

Hi

I am at the beginning of the whole process and was looking to link up with other childminders in the Grays/Chafford Hundred Area to get advice and support. I know other areas have Childminding Associations but can't seem to find any information about the one in Thurrock.

I am also interested to find out how long the whole process took for you and what support you received from Thurrock Council. I am booked to attend the pre-registration briefing at the end of this month and I am also booked to do my Paediatric First Aid training on 9th and 11th January. My Ofsted form is complete but saved as draft on their website, as I plan to submit once I have attended the briefing.

Thanks in advance.

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi im in stifford clays
    I registered this october so also a newbie I currently have one mindee full time xxx

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello I am in Stanford-Le-Hope, I went on my course in September 2010 and was registered in June 2011... However I was naughty and it took me AGES to get off my bottom and get sorted. Also DH's CRB took about 6 weeks to come though mine only took about 2 weeks

If you need any help or advice then just send me a message... If you want PM and I can give you my contact details

May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lea-mumof2 :) View Post
    Hi im in stifford clays
    I registered this october so also a newbie I currently have one mindee full time xxx
    Thanks for your reply. How long did it take you from starting the process to registration?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy to help

[
    Hi I registered in June of this year and I belong to Thurrock childminding association the next meeting is in Sep date to be confirmed as yet, my website is <removed by admin....no back link to the forum found on website. Please see forum rules on posting websites> you can send me a message through my site if you need ant advise .......

QUOTE=Valencia;1029801]Hi

I am at the beginning of the whole process and was looking to link up with other childminders in the Grays/Chafford Hundred Area to get advice and support. I know other areas have Childminding Associations but can't seem to find any information about the one in Thurrock.

I am also interested to find out how long the whole process took for you and what support you received from Thurrock Council. I am booked to attend the pre-registration briefing at the end of this month and I am also booked to do my Paediatric First Aid training on 9th and 11th January. My Ofsted form is complete but saved as draft on their website, as I plan to submit once I have attended the briefing.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Rick; 12-08-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I'm in Grays and registered in Feb 2013. I have a full timer and a little one who will be going down to 2 days a week. I have my first inspection this Friday!!!!! We can meet up etc if u need advice always happy to help! Kind regards Stacey xxx