Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Have my first mindee!!!

Had a visit today from a prospective parent, i was so nervous but it went really well and she was lovely. She is coming back on Monday to sign contract and then he will start with me on Wed.

I have a few questions after looking through my NCMA contract that i hope someone can help me with.

How much do you charge for early/late collection fee? I was thinking £1.50 per 15 minutes, does this sound about right? My normal hourly rate is £3.75.

Also how much do you charge for a late payment fee? Do i have to specify a late fee if my parents are paying in advance?

And lastly the mum of my mindee works shifts so each week is different, would it be easier for them and me if they paid in arrears rather than in advance? She has given me her shifts and hours up untill the middle of Dec so i could work out fees but wondered what anyone else thought?

I am panicing now about the amount of paperwork that i am going to have to do but im sure i will get used to it.

Amy x

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on getting your first mindee

Im in Scotland so dont use NCMA contracts but im sure someone that does will be along to help with that soon.

Its always better to have payment in advance so if you can work out the fees i would do this. It might take longer to start with (as everything does ) but you will soon get into the swing of it.

Late fees etc should always be agreed so everyone is clear what happens IF the situation arises

ive just re reg recently and had my first mindees start today so all is new and shaky for me too

Good luck with it all
    XX Jill XX

Post Thanks / Like

I have £5 per 15 minutes for early drop off or late collection and £5 per day for late payment of fees until fees are paid in full. I also charge monthly in advance.

In practice it would be very rare for me to apply either fee but they are there as a deterrent.

HTH's
    Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou to both of you, you have really helped. Im getting in a right tizz with it all.

Amy x

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on first mindee heres to many more

Lea