Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Enquiry for May/June

Hi there,

I have had an enquiry for May/June next yr for a baby that will only be about 5/6 months old. The mother asked me if i would have availabilty then - what should i say? How will i know???

Its the first real interest i've had for an all day sort of job, so i don't want to turn her away, but just don't know if any one else will pop up first?

any advice will be appreciated

Aug 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am wondering the same!

I have an enquiry for August 2012!

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it really depends on how many spaces you have to fill. If you have more than one you may want to hold a place for her, but I think if it is your only space then do not comit but suggests she rings back about February time. hth

Sept 11
    Post Thanks / Like

ok great thanks, i think Feb is a good time to suggest - i have emailed her back - dont want to turn business away already but I can't really definately say i'd have space for May/June and she hasnt even had her baby yet! x

aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

must be the hormones, had enquiry for september,,also had lady come 2 weeks ago with a 3 week old liked my home,policies and everything but had no other little ones at the moment for hers to play with,don't no what she expected a 3 week old to play

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

do you have a space now? in that case I would tell her you don't have spaces at the moment but will take her number and call her if something comes free. I would pre-warn her however, that if it comes free before May you would ask her to pay a retainer to hold the place.

I've been lucky in the past I've had mums leaving as they were going on mat leave with no, 2. or children leaving as going to school so I knew well in advance I would have a vacancy and have been able to sign contracts on this basis without charging a retainer.

Maybe just meet her for a quick chat and explain how you work and put her on a waiting list if you like her
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got