Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default silly question, but will never know unless i ask

i am looking into chidminding i am going to convert my 4x3 conservatory into a playroom and im going to use my living room too, its 16foot by 13 foot and my kitchen is an ok space too for dining, do these measurements seem ok.

my question is.......

i have my own children, do i have to plan for them too, or would you reccomend [planning for own children to make planning folder look better.

oh and anotehr question while im asking is.... lunch and toilets, if a child has to go the toilet and the other children want to stay outside, do u take all the children the toilet... what happens , if i need the toilet,

do u make lunch when the children are sitting around the table waiting, or do u pre make it and warm it up

what is everyones thoughts on this please

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

your space seems fine to me - Ofsted will check when they come out. It is such a luxury to have a room you can close the door on at the end of the day - you are very lucky!

You do not plan for your own children - just the minded ones. Your own children will benefit from the activities though!

If you need the toilet - make sure the children are safe, put baby in a playpen etc and go quickly, calling out as needed to make sure they are all ok. You might find yourself followed... you'll get used to it

If children want the loo it depends on their age and whether they are independent but you wouldn't normally take an audience.

hth

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks sarah

your such a great help on this site ive read through lots of your replys to posts and i find them really helpful.

with my own kids im such a educational parent, i look for the meaning in things and how to make thought, a reality and then we reflect in a book we share with the school (which was my idea) just so they can see what she does at home, and we add pictures.( i added a part where the teachers can write a few lines if something important has been achieved or has happened, i suppose if i re create it in my childminding it could prove beneficial if there is more people are involved in a childs life so not only is useful it can be something she can look back at in years to come

oh my, im waffling.....

anyway, its all the little things that have me baffled like toilet time and dinner time, and answeing the door, as in my current job, the children can not be left alone at all..... Have you got risk assements for these occurances as i would eager to see what one may look like

Kindest regards
    trudey x

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

you will soon get used to it all

and then there will be they day when you start shouting downstairs "aunty *** is just on the loo" and you realise you have no mindees and hubby shouts up "thanks for that...i wanted to know where you were!"

mandy xxxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post

If you need the toilet - make sure the children are safe, put baby in a playpen etc and go quickly, calling out as needed to make sure they are all ok. You might find yourself followed... you'll get used to it
    Yep, one of the downsides to working on your own, nothing worse than a group of toddlers demanding to know what you are doing and you can't lock the door because they are out there alone!
    Pauline x