Wanting to become a childminder
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wanting to become a childminder

Hi Im new to this site. I have a 5 month old and I want to become a childminder instead of going back to my office job. Please can someone give me advice on what I need to do to register as one, course that need to be taken, the cost of becoming one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I want to start looking after my friends child in December and want to be qualified before I start.

Thanks for reading!!!

Registered Childminder since
    oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

It depends where you live but you need to do a first aid course. I'm in bristol and i did a briefing session where i got my registration pack which i sent off and i'm due to start my course next wk i did my first aid back in march so i'm just waiting for a pre visit(but due to my hubby's past i've had to fill in a waiver so hoping that will go through) Prob best to speck to cm in your area. Good luck.

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

call your local coucil.
    By december would be v. lucky.
    Its not cheap to start up without help, first aid course could be £30-£190, Doc certificate £30, 'How to set up a homebased childcare practice' £190,
    Insurance £44, and the other small bits for office work.
    You'll get offered a introdution to minding to check its what you want, then get on first aid whilst waiting for all paperwork... its a blur. I love my job and love being there to see my kids grow up xx
    Good luck x

aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    I started my application back in the middle of May and I have just got my certificate from Ofsted yesterday,good luck with it all.

Post Thanks / Like

There's lots of information on the NCMA (National Childminding Association) website

http://www.*************/

Good luck with it all

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!