Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally I've had some calls!!! yay

After thinking it would never happen I had 3 enquiries yesterday!!!! I have a lady coming for a visit with her 6mth old boy monday morning and a couple coming with their 1yr old girl monday afternoon!!! The 3rd enquiry was for school age girls but unfortunately I don't collect from that school as too far away.

I am over the moon with the other 2 and both mums sounded lovely on the phone, was chatting to one for nearly 30 mins!!! Feeling excited and nervous,glad I have 4 days now to go through everything and check all is in order and have a good tidy-up lol

Will let you all know monday how it goes

Anthea

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That's great news, good luck with the visits.
    Pixie Dust

Jul 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant

Good luck with the visits, although I imagine if you were chatting for 30 mins the hard work's done for one of them

Sam x

www.samanthachildminder.co.uk

sept 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck for Monday - hope you soon have some mindees

oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck for monday

Jun 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, good luck,

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck.

Hope the visits go well xx
    littletreasures xx

Post Thanks / Like

That's brilliant - all the best for Monday!

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck for Monday

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck, hope all goes well with both the visits. Hx

Aug 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anthea jane View Post
    After thinking it would never happen I had 3 enquiries yesterday!!!! I have a lady coming for a visit with her 6mth old boy monday morning and a couple coming with their 1yr old girl monday afternoon!!! The 3rd enquiry was for school age girls but unfortunately I don't collect from that school as too far away.

I am over the moon with the other 2 and both mums sounded lovely on the phone, was chatting to one for nearly 30 mins!!! Feeling excited and nervous,glad I have 4 days now to go through everything and check all is in order and have a good tidy-up lol

Will let you all know monday how it goes

Anthea
    keep it relaxed and informal, as if you're having your friend round for a coffee. offer them a drink. they can get overwhelmed with paperwork on the first visit. they want to know if they like you first before they decide if they would like to do business with you. if they want to get straight on and do contracts, then fine, but this is rare unless they need you to start almost straight away that is. these types of parents have usually used childcare before.
    ask them what they want to know, what their main concerns are. incidentally, for first meetings, i usually ask them to come without their child so there are no distractions.

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marleymoo View Post
    keep it relaxed and informal, as if you're having your friend round for a coffee. offer them a drink. they can get overwhelmed with paperwork on the first visit. they want to know if they like you first before they decide if they would like to do business with you. if they want to get straight on and do contracts, then fine, but this is rare unless they need you to start almost straight away that is. these types of parents have usually used childcare before.
    ask them what they want to know, what their main concerns are. incidentally, for first meetings, i usually ask them to come without their child so there are no distractions.
    Thanks for the advice!!!!!

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marleymoo View Post
    If i was a mum looking for a minder and they asked me to visit without my child i would think that was a bit funny!
    First impressions are so important and how you interact with their child i expect is the main reason why a parent chooses a minder.
    I also treat the first visit like a friend coming round for a coffee tho but do try and keep my professional head on.

Post Thanks / Like

good luck for monday hope everything works out well i no how hard it is waiting for them phone calles seams like forever and they all come at once .i waited a wile before i got my first phone call mum was great and boys were lovely she signed the contracts that day. so fingers crossed for you

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

First visit went really well!!! Mum is lovely and the little boy is adorable, she was happy to sign contracts today but still unsure of drop off time so is coming back next tuesday to sign, going to have a couple of settling in sessions last 2 weeks of september then he starts october, only 1 full day a week but thats good enough for me!!!!!

Hope this afternoons visit goes just as well!!!!!

Anthea

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the 2nd visit went really well too, both parents came and were both really nice and easy to talk to. Little girl was lovely and very advanced for her age. Mum said she will let me know by end of the week (they had visited a couple of other minders today too)

Just got to wait and see now , keeping everything crossed!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

fingers crossed for you and good luck with everything

Aug 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    If i was a mum looking for a minder and they asked me to visit without my child i would think that was a bit funny!
    First impressions are so important and how you interact with their child i expect is the main reason why a parent chooses a minder.
    I also treat the first visit like a friend coming round for a coffee tho but do try and keep my professional head on.
    nah, def no kids in first meeting. i never say not to bring them, i suggest it might be best for them not to at this stage. they will see how you interact with the children you already care for and see how their own child will slot in - or not as the case may be.
    it works for me. i've only not started a new parent i've met because my first impression was i could not work with them. every other parent has started.