Briefing session - questions you wished you had asked?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Briefing session - questions you wished you had asked?

Hello all, new here and got my briefing session tomorrow morning

I am putting a list together of things I want to find out tomorrow if they are not covered, and was wondering if there is anything you wish you had asked right at the beginning, with hindsight?

I'm assuming most of my questions will be covered, but just want to cover all bases

Many thanks!

(well aware this may be a pointless post but I wont know until after my briefing lol)

apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

When i attended my briefing meeting my head hurt afterwards with all the information my little brain had to take in.
    I think you will find that others will probably have there lists to so from general discussion im sure your questions will be answered.
    Cant think of a question i wish i had asked.
    Hope it goes well

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I quite often give new childminders help and support and one of the things that worries them most is the time scale... how long will it take?

However that's a question nobody can really answer because it depends on so many variables such as your doctor, Ofsted and CRBs coming through quickly.

Another common question is... I rent my house, can I mind from it? The answer to that is to ask your landlord! Without written permission you are pretty much stuffed. Similarly if there is anything in your house deeds about running a business then you need to get it checked out.

Hth

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ratios

One question I really REALLY wish I had asked, well I did ask but got incorrect information ....Are your own children included in your numbers even if they ae not at home with you. I was told no, the answer is YES!

I have a 7 year old, 4 year old and 1 year old. My plan was to put my little one into nursery on the odd day and my 4 year old goes to morning session nursery so that I could mind enough lo's to make a good income but when my registration came through they are counted in my numbers even if they are not with me.

This ment I could only have 1 full timer and this meas not enough income to live on and to cut a long story short, I wold never have pulled out all of the money I did had I know that from the start.

I have now ended up back at work part time 8am till 12pm and have one afterschooler 3.20pm till 8.15pm .

Dont know if you have kids yourself but this is something to be aware of if you do.

Best of luck though x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats all very helpful thank you

We have a mortgage so I guess I should check the terms there. I have one 9 month old daughter that would be counted (other 2 are all grown up) and was thinking 3 FT would be a god number so thats all cool.

Thanks again! x