Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    April11
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where is everyone upto in the process?

Hi everyone,

Right here is where I am upto!

Forms sent monday last week, ofsted phoned friday to say recieved and CRB and invoice in post. CRB recieved yesterday, filled in and with a friend to sign off and to post friday. Invoice recieved today, phoned and paid registration fee.

Two referees recieved the paperwork for there references today.

Health declararation form..i dropped this off at the doctors on monday 24th Jan and still waiting! Keep calling to chase it but they said it will be next week grr!

First aid course booked first two saturdays in march!

So thats where I am at, Im not sure how long now it will take to get registered but am very excited xx

Apr2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    I did the ChiP course and paeditric first aid so now i am filling the form and also have an appointement with my GP to have a health assesment sign up, my question if somebody would help me, when i should go for CRB? should i send this with the application form? sorry but i am a bit confused
    Thanks for help

Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, you're almost there surely!?

I am on my 4th week of the course tonight, a couple of policies are done, more this weekend, along with my other paperwork.

Ofsted forms are all filled out, off to doctors soon to get health check signed

First aid is booked for the first two weeks of March. Same one as you!? )

I have three parents interested, but I'm not getting my hopes up. They know when I should be registered by, they can come to me.

Toys and resources - I have quite a few of these now, car boot sales have been quite good and so have ***** and freecycle.

My playroom is almost complete This is the best bit for me because that room hasn't been used for anything since we moved in 5 years ago..so it finally has a use and no more junk room.

April11
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi thats great news you have some parents lined up!! I have seen some adverts on childcare.co.uk of parents looking but you cant contact them untill you are registered :-/.

It seems to be going really quickly! I only went on the briefing beginning of jan and sent the forms off two weeks ago! I am going to do the course once im registered as we have 6 months to do it here and its fully booked at the moment anyway!

I would love to get registered before april as all the grants are being taken away here! I am not buying any age related toys yet until I see what mindees I get. I have a 15 month old daughter so have got lots for her age lol
    x

Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, our grants get taken away end of March here. my DO told me to get my funding sorted quickly. I haven't really bought anything I wouldn't have done for my godchildren anyway, I know they say not to get loads of stuff in but when you see something... mostly multicultural and diversity toys.

I have a name on childcare.co.uk but obviously not advertising until registered. The people interested probably won't come back to me...but it's all worth giving it a go. (I know them personally - friends of my mum) I have a parent friend of mine reading my policies as her daughter is in a nursery so she knows what to look for.

It's all so exciting, I don't even mind the paperwork!
    Last edited by Doofuz; 03-02-2011 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Spelling

MAR 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

hi im pre-reg too in my 5th week of course, sent ofsted forms, health dec and referances all at the same time too speed the process up, recived crb forms last week ent them off tues had a phone call today to say theyve recived them and they'll send that off today, so i was told ill recive my call with in the nexy 7 weeks, i might leave it a couple and give em a call to chase it up, im nervous but rly want to get registered as quick as i can gt a couple of definiate mindees lined up.
    hope your process is quick

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I have done pre reg course, first aid course, safeguarding course and food hygiene course, sent off application, my health form is with the GP (still waiting for that) waiting for CRB forms to arrive, my referees have sent in my references. Done my policies. Waiting for local early years advisor to visit to discuss learning journeys. Waiting for a visit from Ofsted.

Does anyone else have a early years person from the council come round to visit? or is that just a local thing in my area?

Oct 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hellooooo

I have just booked on to my local next briefing session in march. Can't wait. I was wondering after this and i'm still keen, whats next? I think our LA have still got grants in place this year so i can do all courses for free after the second briefing. Ties in nicely with the end of my OU Teaching Assistant course.

Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

After my briefing session I was told a DO would come and visit my house to make sure it was suitable for childminding, give me an idea of how many I can have and what needs to be done before pre reg. She came (I took day off sick in preparation in order to get it clean - no need really) had a chat about what ideas I had in mind, where children will sleep, eat etc and information on my dogs, what risk assessments I will make. After this, she put me forward for course and I am almost on week 5, in process of writing policies and parent packs, all about me's, getting house safe, writing risk assessments, lalala. Sending forms off this week, health checks etc. So far I am loving it but obviously nervous - in the end it will all be worth it to finally be able to offer care to children in the way I have always wanted

Good luck with your briefing session

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow you're almost there! Well done.

Here's what I have done:

I have completed my assignments for the unit on CYPOP5 Home based childcare (awaiting results ) done my first aid, development worker been and seen my policies and procedures/ risk assessments, parents pack etc, received my vouchers for safety equipment, marketing etc.

Will be sending off my forms to OFSTED this week as I managed to make an appointment with GP yesterday and he completed the health decleration there and then! (He was fantastic and only charged me £20 )

Can't wait to be registered.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Feb 11
    Non childminder member
    Little Learners
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suzyjane73 View Post
    I have done pre reg course, first aid course, safeguarding course and food hygiene course, sent off application, my health form is with the GP (still waiting for that) waiting for CRB forms to arrive, my referees have sent in my references. Done my policies. Waiting for local early years advisor to visit to discuss learning journeys. Waiting for a visit from Ofsted.

Does anyone else have a early years person from the council come round to visit? or is that just a local thing in my area?

I had someone round to vist in my area

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,

I have completed the course and completed my first aid course, references at the ready. Had tutor round to assess my policies and house, nearly completed in paperwork now just a quick review. Got EYFS course booked for 3rd May. Just to get Health booklet completed... doctors was £96 to do it!!!

Hopeing to complete May/June time. Got a after school child in place for September (son's best friend - both be 5yo) and interest from a lady that I met whilst in A&E when both our daughters shoved items up their noses She due her baby in 6weeks and has a 3yo... so when she ready for going back to work before September... be nice if she called

Best wishes,
    Louise x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I've done the briefing meeting (parts one and two) and am now waiting for the four day course. I'm not going to do the first aid course until the last minute so it can last as long as possible!

Everything is free (except first aid) but there are no grants in my area so I am haunting charity shops and boot sales

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have d my first aid and food hygiene completed, DO coming out next week and I am booked on the next course which is beg of March.

Been looking at paperwork etc, sorting out my play room and garden - but nothing too much as I wanted to wait for the DO and see what she says...

Oct 11
    Post Thanks / Like

My garden's a bit of a pig sty i wanted to re design it and sort it all out this year anyway so now i'll do it but with the possibility of children spending time out there now.

I have a dog, and she like to go potty on the grass, my garden is tiny and i was thinking of seperating the dogs favourite toilet spot off from the rest of the lawn is this a good plan?

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

omg... completed pre-reg briefing on monday and got all the forms to fill in this morning sooo sooo many forms to fill in. Booked on first aid course in March so hopefully fingers crossed all goes smoothly.

Oct 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shelbybla View Post
    omg... completed pre-reg briefing on monday and got all the forms to fill in this morning sooo sooo many forms to fill in. Booked on first aid course in March so hopefully fingers crossed all goes smoothly.
    Sometimes i like filling in forms, i wonder if this will be one of those occassions?! lol. I know i'm strange.

oct2004
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi sent off crb forms & verification form today so hopefully they will be done quickly.
    First aid booked in a couple of weeks.
    Just need pre reg visit and Certificate, then hopefully the NCMA insurance and business start up pack will be here so then I can mind asap
    Yea ha!