Post registration ofsted visit....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Post registration ofsted visit....

Hi, I have been registered since the begining of january - just had a phone call from prospects to say they would like to do a post registration visit on
    10th feb.

She said she wants to check courses attended, courses scheduled, first aid cert and my intentions for the childminding process.

Is there anything you fabulous people out there can help with - I haven't read much (if anything) about a post registration visit - which isn't a 'grading' inspection.

She said she doesn't want to see any children (fortunately cos I only have 1 child 1 day per week)

Any help / suggestions / ideas etc very gratefully received. She said she will be here for approx 2 hours.

Thanks guys !!

Caren xx

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of a post-registration visit! Had you not done your first aid/courses before pre-reg visit? I can't imagine much to talk about that wasn't in the pre-reg one if she doesn't want to see children and it's only been a few weeks!
    Hope it goes well, let us know what it's like x

Jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I had no actions on my pre-reg visit, and the inspector then was happy with my knowedge and intentions.

Thankyou anyway - maybe someone else will have had this experience.

I will let you know what happens anyway !

Ta !
    Caren.

Jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Prospects got it wrong... they thought I was due a registration visit... anyway - panic over. !

feb 11
    Non childminder member
    ex childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HopscotchCaren View Post
    Prospects got it wrong... they thought I was due a registration visit... anyway - panic over. !
    prospects came to visit me and they rung three times, the first time whilst a prospect officer was here (but i let it ring) and today i got two phone calls from two dis=fferent women to arrange a pre reg visit .
    I think there computers must be playing up lol