Pre-reg visit - done, result.....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Pre-reg visit - done, result.....

WOO HOO !!

Pre reg visit - nothing to worry about.

Ok, here's what happened for my visit.

Inspector arrived 10am this morning. Very nice lady. I showed her the house and the rooms I anticipate using. I explained what I had risk assessed (although had nothing written down formally), eg, the bathroom cabinet is under the sink and needs a lock on it (bleach etc). Same situation with the kitchen sink cupboard. I had some trailing modem/phone wires which I intend to 'hide' and explained how I will do this. None of my plugs had socket covers (but I had them ready), non of my drawers had catches, but again, I had them ready.

I didn't have any policys or procedures written, but I was aware of what I wanted in them, so I was able to answer brief questions on Evacuation Policy and Lost Child policy. (plus used common sense!) The inspector also helped me along with prompts and suggestions for content - which I duly noted.

We went through the questions booklet - but not in any order, she just allowed me to refer to it as an aide. This booklet was really important for me.

I also explained I intend on doing the food hygiene course and the safeguarding course online.

She recomended starting the SEF (self evaluation form) on the ofsted website - then I will be able to get into a routine of updating it regularly - Plus, if I access it regularly, at some point it may become locked, this may be an indication of an iminent inspection !

We discussed topics of play and how they could link into the 6 development areas for different ages of children. We also discussed how to monitor progress.

I asked plenty of questions too - like, can I keep my pet rats (tom and jerry) in the living/working area, or are they inappropriate pets !? They can stay !!

I asked for advice regarding a step from my drive to my garden. She was very constructive and explained how an inspector would view the different options (as she is also an inspector).

All in all the visit went well, she said I will be a fabulous childminder with great ideas and she would like to come and do my inspection to see how I have progressed !!

She left at 12.50 - so nearly 3 hrs, but the time flew by.

She is passing me for immediate registration (all other checks are already complete) marked urgent, with no actions !

Woo Hoo...... bring on the kids

I hope this short insight to a pre-reg visit has helped someone, I was really nervous - but I needn't have been.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pre-reg visit - done, result.....

Well done you. Sounds like you are all ready to roll

Do you realise that it isn't a requirement to have plug sockets and door/drawer locks
    Debbie

June 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a great insight thank you very much, must admit I am becoming more nervous by the day and I dont even know when mine will be
    Hope your registration comes through quickly.
    Lx

Feb 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done! I have mine next week & u have put me (a little more) at ease!!

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

WELL DONE

I hope I get on as well as you

May 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done, it is such a relief when it's over and done with

Heres hoping you soon get full x x x
    Is it Friday yet?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you for the feedback! It sounds like you had a very positive visit