Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Help Please!

Registered Childminder since
    May 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help Please!

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. Im really dont know where to start with all of my paperwork, ive been doing alot browsing on the internet about all policies and procedures but getting really confused with it all. If anyone could give me some advice on where to start thats would be great! I really dont want to give up on on becoming a childminder but at this moment i really feel as if i will never get the hang of it

Thankyou so much in advance

Mandi x

coffee-time Guest

Default Re: Help Please!

hi, im new to all this too but you are in the right place! have you looked at www.bromleycma.org.uk there are lots of policies ect on there that you can adapt to suit your needs. most of the ladies on here will probably not agree with me but i got a really good disc from a childminder on ebay it has all the policies and procedures, forms, eyfs info ect. and ive just changed it to suit my setting, you do need to read through it all but ive had my pre reg and the ofsted inspector was happy with what i have in place, i even told him that i got most of it online! hope that helps.

Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I know how you feel. Theres a brill site

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/

I got ideas for most of my policies and procedures from here. I think its the best one I've seen. Was reccomended on this forum.

There is also examples of policies on NCMA website.

It does get easier the more you read on here. I on 3-4 times a day reading and asking questions. I'd be lost without this forum.

HTH Claire x

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there!

Don't give up! It is all very daunting at the beginning and there is a lot to set up but once its done it just needs topping up and reviewing.

I found this site very useful.

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/

and also the NCMA site has lots of pointers.

Any other questions just give us a shout on here! Theres always someone about (even in the small hours theres usually someone up fretting over an upcoming inspection or feeding a newborn!) and we'll do our best to help!

Welcome to the forum!

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

we must have all cross posted and hilarious that we all recommended Bromley!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

It is all very daunting but it does get easier it made my pre reg visit so much easier having my policys wrote out.

What I did to begin with was did the main ones using the bromley site and from reading through the eyfs framework everytime it said you needed something in writing I highlighted it and did a policy. eg safeguarding policy, complaints, equal opps etc

Then I though about my setting and which ones I wanted in place for me. Having being a parent using a childminder helped to eg late fees policy, behaviour management

It does get easier with all the policies Im now making a start on planning

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I know how you feel, it seems very daunting when you think about all the paperwork you have to do all at once. I think if you work through all the statutory policies first, I adapted mine from Bromley(like everyone else) or else NCMA is useful too. Also can your Early Years team help at all? They may have a list of sample policies that could help you get started?

As people have said it does get easier once you make a start and of course this forum is brilliant and everyone is very helpful and knowledgable when you are stuck. Good luck.

May 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou so much for your replies, it means alot having somewhere to go, this forum rocks

Mandi xx