At what point should I start to advertise really
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default At what point should I start to advertise really

I had my pre-reg visit on Friday 8th of Jan, and inspector said that I might take around 8 weeks or more to get my cert, but I can still start to advertise.

I am a bit confused, if I start to advertise now, and start to receive calls , when can I ask people to come and see me etc.

Is it not better to wait for certificate to arrive and make the next move. However I really need to start working and I want start minding asap after I am allowed to.

Any suggestions please

Thanks

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: At what point should I start to advertise really

good question - I'm in the same boat. I'll await a useful reply!!! Sorry!
    x

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I started a little bit of advertising after my pre-reg (11th nov). Things like spreading the word at school amongst the other mums, I created a website & think it appears on google. And I put a 2 internet ads on one on here & the other on ***** forum.

I was inundated with enquiries. I had 3 mindees secured by christmas - Brilliant (or so I thought!)

My CRB has typically been delayed & the children are due to start next month. My CRB may be back in time, but if its not Ive spoke to Ofsted & I can (as long as parents are ok without CRB's) do it for free. I may have to do this for a couple of weeks - Im willing to do it in order not to loose the places. I can charge for one of them as they only come after school for less than 2 hours. If its less than 2 hours you can charge & dont need registration. If you do it for no reward you can also do it without registration.

Advertising for me was the best thing because I cannot afford to be out of work. I left my job in Dec (after maternity leave) and I had finance to cover 2 months. I need to be earning from March so thats why I had to get some interest coming in.

Also make yourself known to local childminders. Ive found this one of the most useful advertising tools. If someone has no space they pass on your details & you do the same. Very good to try to work together, with the childminders in your community I think.
    Last edited by sfox2003; 12-01-2010 at 01:17 PM.
    Sarah

Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi my crb has just been completed so I phoned Ofsted and they certificate will be aprox 5 days so I started advertising today to start beginning of Feb fingers crossed.

Good luck x

Feb 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot for these brilliant ideas how to advertise.

I think I will start working on it as from today

Regards

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting, I'm going to start some word of mouth advertising for sure, my CRBs are in stage 4. Interesting that I could start now and not charge - it's worth considering!
    Thanks!