another sily question?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Novembe
    Post Thanks / Like

Default another sily question?

do you remember when i said my friend told me that during school holidays my children still had to be up and ready for when my mindees arrive, and thankfully u all disagreed. well i was telling her today that me and hubby are at logger heads as hes been offered a promotion at work, lot more money but it will mean him moving onto nights my friend said i have to inform ofsted that hes working nights and will be asleep upstairs when i mind is that true i know i havent any mindees at the moment but thought i should check just incase phone should ring lol

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: another sily question?

no its not true, your friend seems to talk out of her bum alot of the time ..... is she a childminder ? xxx Thats no offence to you xxx
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I know a minder who's husband works shifts. OFSTED don't seem to have a problem with that. Why would they?? Unless your friend is thinking you might keep shushing the children and making them be quiet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Susan View Post
    no its not true, your friend seems to talk out of her bum alot of the time ..... is she a childminder ? xxx Thats no offence to you xxx

Couldn't have put it better myself Susan

Miffy xx

Post Thanks / Like

My husband works occasional nights sometimes ata moments notice and i just mentioned it to ofsted when i had my pre reg and she never batted an eyelid or even mentioned it.

I agree with susan about your friend too. I would take whatever else she says with a pince of salt.

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

My hubby quite often works nights and I even had to get him up when the inspector arrived early for my pre reg. She thought it was fab as it meant he would be around to give me a hand at tea time

amanda xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I was been polite using the word 'bum' too !
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Post Thanks / Like

Ha Ha Susan has cleared that one up quite nicely!!!!
    Lou xx

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well said Susan, My Hubby works nights every 6 weeks and it has never been a prob.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Is your friend a childminder Kelly?

Novembe
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for clearing that up i have always wondered why she keeps sayin this stuff yeah she is a childminder has been for 10 years lol. she did mention about the kids wakin him up i told her it was tough luck i've asked him not to do nights so its his own fault lol .... thats presumin i get some more mindees phones been quiet lately

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kelly76x View Post
    thanks for clearing that up i have always wondered why she keeps sayin this stuff yeah she is a childminder has been for 10 years lol. she did mention about the kids wakin him up i told her it was tough luck i've asked him not to do nights so its his own fault lol .... thats presumin i get some more mindees phones been quiet lately
    Please excuse me if I'm speaking out of turn here but do you think she's being unhelpful because she doesn't want the competition?

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkles View Post
    Please excuse me if I'm speaking out of turn here but do you think she's being unhelpful because she doesn't want the competition?
    Thats exactly what I was thinking

She certainly seems to be trying to put you off doesn't she?
    Dee
    Independent Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

Novembe
    Post Thanks / Like

it is something i have considered but dont want to believe as she is my best friend we see each other everyday and she encouraged me to be a childminder in the first place. but unfortunatly it has got very hard here for childminders she has lost half of her mindees in the last 3 months as the local school now has wrap around and she struggling too as are we all in the area, and i lost my only one last week.

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

eh , when I got reg hubby worked 3 days, 3 nights 6 off! As long as they have had their CRB what does it matter if they are awake or not

My hubby just to put in ear plugs and we put a blackout blind in the bedroom for him

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

it is something i have considered but dont want to believe as she is my best friend we see each other everyday and she encouraged me to be a childminder in the first place. but unfortunatly it has got very hard here for childminders she has lost half of her mindees in the last 3 months as the local school now has wrap around and she struggling too as are we all in the area, and i lost my only one last week.
    yep definate case of competition ........
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Dec 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

hasnt she got some funny ideas!!

Isabelle is hardly ever dressed at 7.30 in the morning,,, she's usually only just out of bed!

x
    Big banana hugs from me!

xxx

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

do you remember when i said my friend told me that during school holidays my children still had to be up and ready for when my mindees arrive, and thankfully u all disagreed. well i was telling her today that me and hubby are at logger heads as hes been offered a promotion at work, lot more money but it will mean him moving onto nights my friend said i have to inform ofsted that hes working nights and will be asleep upstairs when i mind is that true i know i havent any mindees at the moment but thought i should check just incase phone should ring lol
    nope! My husband works nights, and we're in a two bed ground floor masionette - our bedroom is the only room which is not registered for minding because of this reason. When i had my pre-reg, ofsted didnt batter an eye lid....
    x-x peggy x-x

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

mmmmm, i too had a very good friend which was in direct competition with me and this is all sounding all too familar......trying to put you off and all that, she too was more experienced than me - long and short of it was that she became very nasty when i got a contract over her ( i even turned the job down - long story but the potential client was a bit underhand AND i still got it in the neck from my "friend" even though i turned away work to savour our friendship - it was a wasted effort of loyalty.)

To be honest, this comes purely from personal experience and i'm not saying your friend is gonna be the same as mine but there is an old saying which i now know be to be true, never mix business with pleasure! Yes she is your friend and you respect as so, but if you can, i'd be a little wary with the advice she offers and perhaps keep a your business affairs a little more guarded!! xx
    x-x peggy x-x