Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Its great!!!!

Registered Childminder since
    June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Its great!!!!

Thought I would write something positive for a change!

Just coming to the end of my fourth week of childminding and would like to say my new life is just great!!!!

I have one mindee full time at the mo - he is 3 years old and generally a good little boy. Long hours - 5 days a week 7 till 6 so am shattered alot of the time especially in the heat - but am loving it. I do a little bit of after school care and doing some temporary minding of another 3 year old while his regular minder is on holiday. I have a 12 month old starting in August too.

Things I dont like - the early mornings and all the constant cleaning and washing up!!

Things I love - having time with my own kids and getting to pick them up from school. Having enough money for a few treats - like being able to book a short break to the Isle of Wight in August; having time to spend with the new guinea pigs. Playing and singing and dancing with the lo's, going to cooking club and arts and mums and tots - hearing lo's laughing when we play silly games....... The list goes on and on...... n

To everyone who is still pre reg out there - KEEP GOING IT WILL HAPPEN FOR YOU!!!!

Enjoy the sunshine and be happy

lots of love to all

m
    xx

Daddy Day Care Guest

Default Re: Its great!!!!

nice to see a psoitive post, glad things are gonig well for you

Gareth
    xx

july 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Its great!!!!

ahhh thanks for that! I'm pre reg and has made me feel that it WILL be worth it in the end! Only hope i get enough work once i'm registered!
    katieskatie xx

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

glad your enjoying childminding

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

wonderful I'm glad you are enjoying it xxx
    Busy losing the will to live mwuahahahaha!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miriam View Post

Just coming to the end of my fourth week of childminding and would like to say my new life is just great!!!!

I have one mindee full time at the mo - he is 3 years old and generally a good little boy. Long hours - 5 days a week 7 till 6 so am shattered alot of the time especially in the heat - but am loving it. I do a little bit of after school care and doing some temporary minding of another 3 year old while his regular minder is on holiday. I have a 12 month old starting in August too.

Things I dont like - the early mornings and all the constant cleaning and washing up!!

Things I love - having time with my own kids and getting to pick them up from school. Having enough money for a few treats - like being able to book a short break to the Isle of Wight in August; having time to spend with the new guinea pigs. Playing and singing and dancing with the lo's, going to cooking club and arts and mums and tots - hearing lo's laughing when we play silly games....... The list goes on and on...... n

To everyone who is still pre reg out there - KEEP GOING IT WILL HAPPEN FOR YOU!!!!

lots of love to all

m
    xx

Wow what a lovely post and this is why I started minding. I have loved the time and still do with my children. My oldest has just finished her GCSEs and is at home now, I am sooo glad I am here with her and not off somewhere in an office all day and she would be on her own.

I love the way I have been able to go to school things to support them, yes often with mindees in tow. I have been able, in the early days to pay for a holiday and the treats. Now they are older and we have a bigger mortgage!
    I have more mindees and make a larger contribution to the household finances. Of course the holidays cost more for effectively four adults now and the treats as well!

My daughter read the post and said how lovely. She has just said how glad she is that I am at home with her and how miserable it would have been if I had been out at work all day. This is as we sit at the table ( the 3 los have flaked out and are in bed) we have had lunch that she prepared and are now enjoying a choc ice! This is the life.

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    Wow what a lovely post and this is why I started minding. I have loved the time and still do with my children. My oldest has just finished her GCSEs and is at home now, I am sooo glad I am here with her and not off somewhere in an office all day and she would be on her own.

I love the way I have been able to go to school things to support them, yes often with mindees in tow. I have been able, in the early days to pay for a holiday and the treats. Now they are older and we have a bigger mortgage!
    I have more mindees and make a larger contribution to the household finances. Of course the holidays cost more for effectively four adults now and the treats as well!

My daughter read the post and said how lovely. She has just said how glad she is that I am at home with her and how miserable it would have been if I had been out at work all day. This is as we sit at the table ( the 3 los have flaked out and are in bed) we have had lunch that she prepared and are now enjoying a choc ice! This is the life.
    I couldn't agree more! It is my DD1's last day at college today and I am really looking forward to having her around again. So is my DS (3) but I think that is more to do with getting his own way with his big sis! I am sat here in my Summery clothes (no more wearing stuffy suits to the office)while the little ones have a chill and cool down. I have been very lucky and have had no problem parents, I don't have any dodgy payers and I am completely full with my spaces for September signed up already. I am really excited to have the opportunity to do a degree whilst still earning enough to pay for lifes little luxuries. I do feel very very lucky

Mar02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Am so glad that things are working out so well and you are so happy!

I have had a fantastic week too. (have been minding for 7 years)
    I have a child whose Mum is doing nursing and is paid through care to learn. I stil get paid if she doesnt come and she's a fab mum - doesnt send her just beause I'm getting paid. So, I finish early some days and have unexpected days off too!
    - thats the thing I like about this job, the unexpected early finishes and days off - you dont get that in an office!!

Hubby thinks I'll get a 'proper' job when dd goes to school next year! - little does he know!!

Hope things continue to go well for you x

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

How lovely to read all these positive posts after all the problematic posts!

xx

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You brought a smile to my face - what a lovely post!!

I got into it to be around for my children and have been able to attend functions at school, take them there and back, put the pool up for them while they were at school and they had no idea I was doing it!!!

For me, the pro's still outweigh the con's. My DS goes to secondary school in September and DD then has 2 more yrs of primary school. I did intially say that I might look into something else when she is at secondary school but I dont think I could find or do another job that allows me the freedom to do as I do now - and get paid for it!!!
    Helen

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this post Miriam. I cant wait till im registered and can start minding!! for all the reasons you said

Glad you are having such a great time so nice to hear positive for a change
    XX Jill XX

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Lovely to read your post

I have been minding almost 15 years. Loved being there when my kids were young and needed me (actually I needed to be with them!) Now they are teens, they need me around even more.

I was a nanny for 12 years before having first child (finished when 8 months pregnant!!) It was the obvious choice and I was registered by the time she was 6 months old - didn't take so long in the old days

Still loving it although like many others I would love to drop the paperwork and obs. I have had fantastic parents and mindees and continue to do so I can't think of a job I would like as much as this
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miriam View Post

lots of love to all

m
    xx
    It's so nice to hear someone happy and enjoying themselves. Good for you! x

july 09
    Post Thanks / Like

What a lovely post!! I can't wait to get started and enjoying my time at home and the money!!

Kirsty xxx

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Awww, Miriam, it is great to read your post, knowing the struggles and frustrations we had whilst pre-reg.

I'm loving it too. I get to spend time with my family each evening, am able to go to all their 'activities' and my first mindee family are lovely. Finally feel like we have a bit of money too.

I almost don't mind cleaning up the house each evening too, cos I do it everynight it doesn't get too trashed, and is therefore sorted in a pretty short period of time.

Really looking forward to the school hols now

Thanks for the uplifting post

xx

Post Thanks / Like

Very pleased to hear everything's going well for you

Miffy xx

Feb04
    Post Thanks / Like

thankyou Miriam for your lovely post. long may the enjoyment of chilfminding continue!!
    It's good to hear a positive post.