Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Info and Advise needed!

Hi,

I'm new to this forum so not sure if this is posted in the right place.

I've just completed Level 3 in Child Day Care and am thinking about becoming a childminder, my mum has been doing this for 22 years and just become a Nanny instead. The process when she started seems different to now-a-days so she doesnt really know the answers to my questions either.

Where do i start? Although i have the qualification do i still need to do a childminding course? How do i go about this?

Also at the moment i live in a ground floor flat, it's big enough and has a little garden at the back, would this put parents off sending their children to me? I am hoping to move in the next year but won't be for now.

If anyone can give any advise that would be great!

Thanks,
    Amy

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Info and Advise needed!

Quote Originally Posted by amy291286 View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to this forum so not sure if this is posted in the right place.

I've just completed Level 3 in Child Day Care and am thinking about becoming a childminder, my mum has been doing this for 22 years and just become a Nanny instead. The process when she started seems different to now-a-days so she doesnt really know the answers to my questions either.

Where do i start? Although i have the qualification do i still need to do a childminding course? How do i go about this?

Also at the moment i live in a ground floor flat, it's big enough and has a little garden at the back, would this put parents off sending their children to me? I am hoping to move in the next year but won't be for now.

If anyone can give any advise that would be great!

Thanks,
    Amy
    Get in touch with your local authority, they will tell you who to contact and they'll tell you what you need to do.

Living in a flat won't be a problem!

Good luck!

xx

july 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Info and Advise needed!

yes i'd contact your local authority and they will send you some info in the post. They will let you know when the next childminder breifing session in your area is. At this session you are given all the info you need about the registration process and the checks they do(social services, Dr's CRBS)
    At the breifing session you will also be given info on how to get on the ICP course and first aid Course. You also be given the application forms to start the registration process.
    If you are sure that cminding is something you want to do my advice is to Start the process as soon can take a while!
    Hope this Helps!
    katieskatie xx