How soon after pre-reg visit will registration be?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    February 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How soon after pre-reg visit will registration be?

HI again

Should just have asked this in previous post but just thought of it. I'm due my pre-registration visit from the CAre Commission on 12th fEbruary. I seem to have been waiting ages! They had all my paperwork completed by start of new year but this is the earliest I can get a visit. I'm due to end my maternity leave in middle of March and have only last week handed in my notice so really hoping I'll be registered by then. Do you think this is possible? How soon after the visit do things progress?

Thanks in advance
    Tracey

Jan 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: How soon after pre-reg visit will registration be?

my certificate took about 6 weeks to arrive, had my reg visit beginning nov, crb took about 4 weeks and certificate two weeks after that.
    I was told it all depends time of year, whether it coincides with new school years etc.. so imagine yours will probably be faster due to being a quieter time. The CRB seems to hold it up so if you already have this in place then should be a matter of weeks.
    good luck with your pre-reg visit, let us know how it goes

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How soon after pre-reg visit will registration be?

Not sure how the Care Commission work so I think one of our Scottish members may be better equipped to answer this one.

Mine took a very very long time but I am in Wales

amanda xx

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How soon after pre-reg visit will registration be?

I suppose it all depends on how fast the CRb gets done. we were warned in could take as long as 12 weeks, but i have heard that some peoples are really fast.
    I have my OFsted visit on Friday - they have had my application for 4 weeks now, and are supposed to come out within 2 weeks.

Good luck X