Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Toys and Resources

Hi everyone

Ok so this time next week my Inspection will hopefully be over and done with

Those that have had their recent pre-reg inspections were you asked to show the Inspector your toys and resources? I have got most all sorted into boxes and labelled up (puzzles/jigsaws, animals, music basket, book box) and they are in the dining room at the moment but was wondering if I needed them out for the Inspection or not?

Thank You

Bex - Littlefriendschildminding

sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Toys and Resources

hi, they will look round the house anyway so when you get to dining room just show them where toys are and say about how they are seperated into different types etc, im sure that will be fine

charlotte x

LOOPYLISA Guest

All my pre reg inspector did was look at wat i had, to be honest i think even if you didnt have any they like you to have a wish list, my inspector was so laid back and lovely don.t worry to much x

Dec 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You dont need to lay everything out for them to see. The inspector wil make their way around the house and ask questions about resources etc - you can show them then all the things you have.

Good luck with it

x
    Big banana hugs from me!

xxx

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my pre inspection last week and she never asked me what resources I had or to see them and she never really inspected my house either just popped her head in each room and looked at the garden through the window she spent all but 10 mins of the inspection going through her laptop questions that she said she had to fill in about eyfs when it came to suitable premises she just asked me what security I had. She never asked about my Firstaid box or fireblanket she did check my certificate and note down the number. I think all inspectors do things differently they went over a friends house with a fine toothed comb and gave her a list of actions although this was pre EYFS and I think now they concertrate mainly on welfare and you as a suitable person .
    Ensure you have policies although not necessary it shows you have made the effort and all your id and id for thoses over 16 beause they will take all the details off this for crb form.Do fill in the white booklet about preparing for your visit this will help answer all the questions.
    You sound like you are well prepared for all eventuallities.
    They are really nice people and there to give advise and help it will be fine.
    Best of luck let us know how it goes
    Debs

Nov 08
    Post Thanks / Like

hello. i had my inspection in sept - i just lay some activities out like i would on a normal day.