Where to start? Setting up in Scotland
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to start? Setting up in Scotland

Hi there,I've been thinking of setting up my own childminding business for a while. I've been trying to research information. However, most information is based on England or Wales not Scotland where I am based. Can anyone give me any ideas where to start?

Is there any grants available for start up or do most people use their savings?
    How big a space do you require? I have a very large kitchen and a living room I would be looking to use to care for children plus I would want to be out and about with them.
    How long does registration usually take?
    I have done my saw 2 and 3 (approx 10 years go when I worked in a nursery) do I need any further qualifications?

Any other important advice would be great. Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...spection-tips/

Hopefully your questions may be answered here

Weclome to the forum
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door