Ofsted application submitted - now what?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ofsted application submitted - now what?

Hi,

I've got all the DBS's back and submitted all the EY2 forms for everyone over 16 in my household and then submitted my application. The health check was sent in last week.
    What happens now? How long before the ofsted inspector comes for their visit?

Thanks

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I am currently doing a EYFS course with my LA and we have been told that OFSTED will inspect within 12 weeks of the application being sent.

Can I please ask a question? I will soon have everything that I need to send my application. All I will be missing is mine and my husbands DBS checks. How exactly do I go about applying for these? At my course we were just told that it had to be done through OFSTED, but I have no idea how I actually do this. Then do I apply online? hoe do I prove that I have completed the relevant courses etc?

Thanks

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ashwellgirl - It will normally be within 12 weeks as long as all the paperwork has been collated ...

L_caterpillars - DBS here - Ofsted DBS Application - Security Watchdog - Step One

DBS update as soon as you get it back

EY2 through the government gateway ... then Ofsted come out

DBS checks can take a while so get them started as quickly as possible!!

There isn't a requirement for a specific training course apart from first aid - your inspector will check your knowledge when s/he comes out to see you

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Ashwellgirl - It will normally be within 12 weeks as long as all the paperwork has been collated ...

L_caterpillars - DBS here - Ofsted DBS Application - Security Watchdog - Step One

DBS update as soon as you get it back

EY2 through the government gateway ... then Ofsted come out

DBS checks can take a while so get them started as quickly as possible!!

There isn't a requirement for a specific training course apart from first aid - your inspector will check your knowledge when s/he comes out to see you
    Thank you Sarah707 And for saving me trying to find the link to Capita lol.

Is there anything else I need to be doing before they come for their visit? I'm planning on printing off and starting to complete the "Early Years Register: preparing for your registration visit" booklet this weekend. But i'm just worried that i'm missing something else vital that I need to do lol?

L_Caterpillars I found Capita were very good at doing two applications but the third was cancelled immediately with no reason, the second because I put in the wrong letter and they couldn't change it but the third time was lucky lol. All completed and back within two to three weeks

I found completing the EY2 forms was best done before the DBS certificate arrived Saves a lot of time.

You do have to set up a government gateway account for both of you to apply for ofsted. Don't make my mistake and think that it's all done from your own ofsted account. Your husband needs his own gateway number to complete his EY2 form. None of this makes sense yet but it will when you come to fill in the ofsted form lol

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashwellgirl View Post
    Thank you Sarah707 And for saving me trying to find the link to Capita lol.

Is there anything else I need to be doing before they come for their visit? I'm planning on printing off and starting to complete the "Early Years Register: preparing for your registration visit" booklet this weekend. But i'm just worried that i'm missing something else vital that I need to do lol?

L_Caterpillars I found Capita were very good at doing two applications but the third was cancelled immediately with no reason, the second because I put in the wrong letter and they couldn't change it but the third time was lucky lol. All completed and back within two to three weeks

I found completing the EY2 forms was best done before the DBS certificate arrived Saves a lot of time.

You do have to set up a government gateway account for both of you to apply for ofsted. Don't make my mistake and think that it's all done from your own ofsted account. Your husband needs his own gateway number to complete his EY2 form. None of this makes sense yet but it will when you come to fill in the ofsted form lol
    Get your home ready- risk assess all areas and places you'd go (does not need to be written down), get first aid kit ready, think how you'll track children's progress, are you going to use paper learning journals or online system like Tapestry or something else, have you worked out the business side- invoicing, policies, permissions, contracts; are you going to do daily diaries etc Lots to get ready. Ofsted won't look at all these things but you'll be getting ready to start so once the certificate comes through you'll be ready to go. You can start marketing too- to say you will be registered soon, speak to local preschools/schools who you want to work with if relevant, join local childminder group and get networking. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I am still waiting for my visit. I have been told an inspector has 28 days to contact me from 9th March. I am constantly chasing them and doubt anyone will contact me within the next week. I am constantly ringing and emailing them. I submitted my application in January and all checks came back at start of March.
    I am thinking about making a complaint. How do I do that?