Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Re-registering

Registered Childminder since
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re-registering

Hi,

I have a previous registration with Ofsted as a childminder on the Early Years Register. I resigned due to various issues around 3 years ago and have been working for a housing association since. I have decided that I really would like to go back into childcare however, I will only be registering on the Childcare Register to provide care to over 5's (before, after school, holidays etc) as mine are older now and I feel I will be able to cater for this age group better.

My question is will the course I did with the Local Authority to enable me to be a childminder still cover me now or will I need to go through the whole thing again?

Any help is appreciated. I have called Ofsted and to be honest they didn't answer my question!

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Childcare Register requirements are here - annex C - https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...g_handbook.pdf

To register on the Chidlcare register you need first aid, safeguarding and qualifications in the 'common core' which you will have if you have done a qualification previously.

You then need to apply for your dbs check - Ofsted DBS Application - Security Watchdog - Step One

Sign the received DBS to the update service - you only have 19 days from printing!!

Then apply through the Ey2 form on the govt gateway.

I hope that helps