It feels like the end of the line
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 16
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It feels like the end of the line

Ive just phoned ofsted to check on the status of my application, trying to hurry things along, ive got 4 families desperately waiting for me, hoping to me ready by september at the latest. They informed me that my husband has been selected at random to send in a health declaration that they are waiting for me to send it in. Im devastated, i havent got the money to pay another £90 for his declaration, he isnt even registered with a gp yet and he isnt even here when im minding, he works until 6 every week day. It seems really unfair that something that is seemingly unimportant could mean the end for what I think will be my vocation. Does anyone know if theres anything I can do?

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The path we all take to become a childminder seems to be paved with pot holes!
    I have never heard of this and I'm not sure why, if he is never going to be near the children...did you tick the box that said he would be an assistant? It doesn't matter about not being assigned to a new doctor if you have just moved, you could get your previous doctor I think to complete the medical form as he is still attached to them until he transfers doctors.
    Also confused that you only found this out when you contacted them, has your partner received this info already?

I know £90 is a lot...but if you are finding it difficult to find it....you may find it difficult generally to have childminding as your main income...there are so many surprise money issues along the way..my experience is that in setting up a new business you do need to have an established fund to be able to survive the unexpected.....not good but the parents may not pay you, you may take on a child and because of needs and age you need to invest...you may have to pay your tax up front...childcare vouchers or LEA funding may not come through on time....

Feeling for you as your dream is having a few knocks on the way.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Newbielou View Post
    Ive just phoned ofsted to check on the status of my application, trying to hurry things along, ive got 4 families desperately waiting for me, hoping to me ready by september at the latest. They informed me that my husband has been selected at random to send in a health declaration that they are waiting for me to send it in. Im devastated, i havent got the money to pay another £90 for his declaration, he isnt even registered with a gp yet and he isnt even here when im minding, he works until 6 every week day. It seems really unfair that something that is seemingly unimportant could mean the end for what I think will be my vocation. Does anyone know if theres anything I can do?
    Not sure I have heard of partners being asked for health declarations before however that doesnt mean they dont have to.

If thats what they want to complete your registration then I cant see a way around it
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Aug 16
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi al, quick update. Somebody phoned me from Ofsted this morning, the person I spoke to on the phone made an error, its not a Health Declaration they need for my husband, there was a problem with his EY2 application where his self health declaration didnt get signed, its that what they want signing and sending off. Already signed scanned and emailed through. Im so relieved. Thank you so much for the advice and clarification. I never even thought of asking his old Dr to fill it in, lol panic had already set in.
    Thanks again
    Amy

5. Likes sarah707, Ripeberry, Maza liked this post