School picks ups/drop offs only
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default School picks ups/drop offs only

I, I registered a few months ago and planned to begin childminding ASAP. However, this has not been the case and I plan to begin in September when my oldest begins school. I have now decided to only do pick ups and drop offs to the school. The children I have lined up are also in reception class so 4 years old. The care I'll be providing will be 1hr and 15 mins in morning and up to 2 hrs in evening.
    I have informed ofsted of this change. I just wondered what that means in terms of the eyfs - planning activities, tracking development ect. Also, when ofsted do their visit what do they look for? Sorry for the simple questions - my focus has been on caring for eyfs children during the day whilst getting registered and now I'm not sure what the differences are (if there are any).
    Thankyou

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Full-time school children (YR+) are not in EYFS numbers so you will not be caring for EYFS children- so you only need to keep communication open with the schools and support their learning there. If inspected, if you remain on the EYFS registration, you will get 'met' or 'not met' see this doc online:

'No children on roll'/'no children present' inspection - Gov.uk

And you need to fulfill the Childcare Register requirements. Others have been in this situation, I have not, so I hope they can confirm or clarify!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks moggy. I was thinking of staying on the eyfs register just incase I change my mind in the future..