Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default pre reg visit and garden like a building site

Hi, I am going through the process of being re-reg'd and have ofsted coming around on Monday to interview me. However, my garden is currently being dug up as we are having an extension done. If I risk assessed and said that the garden will be out of bounds till its done do you think ofsted will be ok with this? I am not planning on actually taking on any children until its complete but want to get registered now so I am all set when its done?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The new pre-reg visits are about checking you are 'ready to go' because they don't come back for a long time (as long as there aren't any red flags).

Yes, explain what you are doing and why - give a timeframe and they will probably want you to let them know when the garden is finished.

Hope it goes well

Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    The new pre-reg visits are about checking you are 'ready to go' because they don't come back for a long time (as long as there aren't any red flags).

Yes, explain what you are doing and why - give a timeframe and they will probably want you to let them know when the garden is finished.

Hope it goes well
    Hi Sarah

thank you for the reply - do you think I would be better of putting the visit off then until the work is completed?

also as we now have to be "ready to go" does that mean we have to have all of the toys and equipment out ready for her to see them as if I was set up to start my childminding day?

Feb 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my first inspection recently and at that time my garden was out of bounds die to fence damage and other repairs that needed to take place. It's out of bounds during the winter anyway as the decking is too slippery. Ofsted just asked me what other ways I get the kids out and about. Some childminders don't have gardens so as long as you can explain what you will do if the garden cannot be used they should be fine with that.