How long are pre-registration courses valid for before I have to register?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Non childminder member
    Possible childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How long are pre-registration courses valid for before I have to register?

Hi

I have started the pre registration course with my local council and was all set to become a childminder. However I have now run into a problem as my landlord has now said that the deeds of the House state that I cannot run a business from the house. He was initially ok with it but has now checked and if this is the case then I will have to accept that 😪

My question is whether or not to continue with the course. We are currently saving for our own house and hope to have done this in the next year to 18 months. So I would hopefully pick up childminding from my own house.

I understand that the first aid course is valid for 3 years and Dbs needs doing every year so there isn't much point doing them at this point in time. Does anyone know how long the pre Reg courses are valid for?

Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hlp2016 View Post
    Hi

I have started the pre registration course with my local council and was all set to become a childminder. However I have now run into a problem as my landlord has now said that the deeds of the House state that I cannot run a business from the house. He was initially ok with it but has now checked and if this is the case then I will have to accept that ��

My question is whether or not to continue with the course. We are currently saving for our own house and hope to have done this in the next year to 18 months. So I would hopefully pick up childminding from my own house.

I understand that the first aid course is valid for 3 years and Dbs needs doing every year so there isn't much point doing them at this point in time. Does anyone know how long the pre Reg courses are valid for?

Thanks
    I'm not entirely sure of the time frame. I did my pre reg course about 2.5 years ago, then same as you, landlord said no and so had to do it all again when I moved. So the gap for me was 2.5 years. Perhaps 1 year because things could've been changed/updated to current legislation etc?

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hlp2016 View Post
    Hi

I have started the pre registration course with my local council and was all set to become a childminder. However I have now run into a problem as my landlord has now said that the deeds of the House state that I cannot run a business from the house. He was initially ok with it but has now checked and if this is the case then I will have to accept that ��

Thanks
    I would discuss this with your EY team who are training you but I don't think there is an expiry date to your preregistration course.
    You are right that First Aid is for 3 years

You should be able to complete the course then take it forward until you find the premises to work from
    If you are a member of an association such as PLA...or intend to be...give them a call as they can give you advice

Good luck!