7 seater car?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 7 seater car?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 7 seater car?

Hi, I'm looking to get 7 seater car which will help with transporting children and am looking at the zafira. Can anyone give me recommendations on 7 seaters particularly those that fit car seats well, boot space. Thankyou x

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiya,

I have an 18 month old Mercedes Vito Traveliner. Its fantastic, we bought it as I have 3 of my own children 5 and under all in car seats across the back row!, we had a 7 seat SMax before, but we found with all three and a buggy/shopping we were fast running out of space. Also the rear seats of the SMax are not suitable for childrens seats.
    When I started minding we bought the Mercedes, it has 8 full size adult seats (incl Drivers). Isofix on 4 seats, you can easily fit 3 child seats across each row. And the boot is big enough for a small pony! the bonus is you can remove the rows of seats to turn it into a van if you need to. Its pretty good economy wise about 38mpg (diesel). Its very reliable, never any problems, however it is pretty new.

Sorry no experience of a Zafira.

Emma.

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Be careful of purchasing a second hand Zafire at the moment due to them spontaneously combusting despite being recalled (I have one and it is concerning)
    The boot isn't great with all seats up, you can just about fit a cossatto double in, not sure about any others, sorry.
    It's an easy car to drive, and I do love my Zaffy, but I'm not at all happy about the current recall issues.
    I believe the new Tourer has a different layout so the risk of fire isn't a problem, not sure about boot space either but have heard it's a little bigger.

I'm looking at either the Smax or Volvo XC90 (Edward Cullen eat your heart out hahaha)

Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou. It's just a certain make of zafira that are catching fire isn't it? Hmm, need to make sure it's not the one we are looking at then x

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes, it's the model B which was manufactured upto 2014 I believe.
    The recall is for years 2005 to 2014.
    The official line is that if it's had both recalls it is safe to drive, however, to date, another 5 have gone up having been recalled so personally, if I was you, I'd steer clear.
    If I could afford to get rid of mine I would, but I literally made the last payment in December and can't afford to take out any more finance as work is a little uncertain till September.
    I've done a risk assessment, had the car back to the garage for the recalls, invested in a window hammer, know the signs to look out for, and at the moment that's as much as I can physically do, but it does make me nervous when I have other peoples precious cargo to worry about

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    I would highly recommend the XC90 D5 2004 to 2010
    (Stay clear of T6 as they a mechanical problem)
    Leather heated seats, middle seat has a booter seat built in. which can come closer to driver seat so you can reach child. Back Sensor, large boot,lots of leg space.definitely a luxury 7 seater
    An amazing comfortable drive.😊