Registration visit
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 16
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Registration visit

Can anyone tell me what the balance is between needing to have everything done versus knowing what needs to be done for the registration inspection, please? I have my policies and procedures and my risk assessments in place, but do I need to have my fire blanket in situ, my first aid box filled and my kitchen door window glass protectively filmed or do I just have recognised that all these need doing beford I start. Likewise my public liability insurance, business class car insurance and data protection registration - do they need to be in place or can I just demonstrate that they need doing?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Registration inspections have changed - because you don't get an inspection for up to 30 months they want to see that you are pretty much up and ready to go.

I'd suggest you have your paperwork ready and your house prepared for working so you can show your inspector you have thought it through

3. Likes White Rose liked this post
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't get your insurance though until you are registered, but you can say that you know what you need to do and have your provider chosen etc. If there is something they feel should be in place may just note it and it will be looked at when you get your first graded inspection later on which is no big issue really. So do what you can but don't get too stressed if there are thing you just can't physically do in time- you can show your RAs to show what you know you need to do.

5. Likes White Rose, bunyip liked this post