Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default reinstating my childminding registration

Hi i took a break from childminding due to an illness and then falling pregnant but kept my ofted fees and insurance up to date. An inspector phoned last august to come and inspect but i was due to give birth so couldnt arrange it. I have since found out that the inspector phoned ofsted and said that i had resigned from being a childminder. I have only just found this out as i am now looking at starting childminding again - I have spoken to ofsted and they have told me that there is nothing they can do and i now need to re apply to become a childminder again.

So my question is - do i have to do the pre reg course (cypop5) again too? i am actually qualified up to level 4 - ofsted said no over the phone but i am worried they have got this wrong - has anyone got any expereince?

also things have changed since i first registered so can any one direct me to a list of courses i have to of completed before i submit my application please?

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a similar situation...

I resigned in Dec 2013 to run a preschool, and 13 weeks later had a huge change of heart and realised I'd made a huge mistake!!!

I spoke to Ofsted and although they can't reinstate your old registration, you can register again. So new registration number, pre reg inspection etc
    Its a pain, but for me was pretty simple.

I had to speak to Ofsted and my local council to find out if I had to re take courses and was told no by both...just making sure all training was up to date. I'm sure this can be found here

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...06-2014-a.html

So this is probably right...but worth checking with council.

The whole process took 6 months tho, so not a quick thing I'm afraid!!
    Hope that helps and keep us posted xx
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble Beez View Post
    I had a similar situation...

I resigned in Dec 2013 to run a preschool, and 13 weeks later had a huge change of heart and realised I'd made a huge mistake!!!

I spoke to Ofsted and although they can't reinstate your old registration, you can register again. So new registration number, pre reg inspection etc
    Its a pain, but for me was pretty simple.

I had to speak to Ofsted and my local council to find out if I had to re take courses and was told no by both...just making sure all training was up to date. I'm sure this can be found here

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...06-2014-a.html

So this is probably right...but worth checking with council.

The whole process took 6 months tho, so not a quick thing I'm afraid!!
    Hope that helps and keep us posted xx
    Phew thats ok then- i expected to have to do everything else - can i ask why it took 6 months?

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by oxfordshirecm View Post
    Hi i took a break from childminding due to an illness and then falling pregnant but kept my ofted fees and insurance up to date. An inspector phoned last august to come and inspect but i was due to give birth so couldnt arrange it. I have since found out that the inspector phoned ofsted and said that i had resigned from being a childminder. I have only just found this out as i am now looking at starting childminding again - I have spoken to ofsted and they have told me that there is nothing they can do and i now need to re apply to become a childminder again.

So my question is - do i have to do the pre reg course (cypop5) again too? i am actually qualified up to level 4 - ofsted said no over the phone but i am worried they have got this wrong - has anyone got any expereince?

also things have changed since i first registered so can any one direct me to a list of courses i have to of completed before i submit my application please?
    If any Cm resign her registration Ofsted itself will 'confirm' this to you in writing when you have informed the Helpline or written to them

The confirmation of your resignation comes from the OFSTED Director in your area....it confirms your action but also tells you your records will be kept for 5 years.
    If you have not received this letter then something went very wrong and means you never resigned in the first place.

Please contact your EY team who would also have had confirmation of your resignation and your association if you have one to report this.
    Also check if your details are still in the Ofsted website

Something has gone very wrong if you never resigned.

Good luck!

Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i have checked the ofsted website and my details have been removed and i am no longer on the family information website either. I have argued with ofsted that i had never resigned i just wanted to be able to give birth to my son without the stress of an inspection especially as i was already on mat leave but ofsted just kept repeating that the notes say i have resigned on the 19th of aug.

i give up trying to argue with ofsted and am just going to re apply as i need to update my first aid etc regardless - the only extra money i am now going to have to find is to have the crb's done again which is frustrating as i know they take forever to clear. I am supposed to be on mat leave till May anyways so i just hope it all goes through by then

thank you for your help

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by oxfordshirecm View Post
    i have checked the ofsted website and my details have been removed and i am no longer on the family information website either. I have argued with ofsted that i had never resigned i just wanted to be able to give birth to my son without the stress of an inspection especially as i was already on mat leave but ofsted just kept repeating that the notes say i have resigned on the 19th of aug.

i give up trying to argue with ofsted and am just going to re apply as i need to update my first aid etc regardless - the only extra money i am now going to have to find is to have the crb's done again which is frustrating as i know they take forever to clear. I am supposed to be on mat leave till May anyways so i just hope it all goes through by then

thank you for your help
    So sorry to hear this
    Ofsted must give you evidence that you resigned....or show you what the inspector ...either Tribal or Prospects... did at the time.

I hope you can sort it out without too much stress.