GCSE's and Courses
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default GCSE's and Courses

Hi can anyone help with the current situation regarding GCSE's please? It doesn't mention anything about them on the OFSTED website. Also can people tell me what courses theyhave done and the costs? My LA no longer supports childminders and doesn't offer any training. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Go onto the PACEY website I am nearing the end of my Level 3 HBCA 😀

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Our local authority sent an e mail on this today it stated:
    From the 1 August 2015 funding agencies such
    as Skills Funding Agency and 24+ Advanced
    Learning Loans removed the requirement for candidates taking the standalone (non-apprentice) Early Years Educator level 3, to have GCSE Maths and English grade A - C. In line with this, Wiltshire candidates can now access the Childcare Grant without GCSE’s.
    What does this mean for your pre-school or nursery?
    This is potentially a confusing position as the EYFS requirement that practitioners with a Level 3 EYE qualification (started after September 2014) must hold Maths and English GCSE (grade A-C) has not changed. The EYFS states that practitioners with the EYE level 3 and without the GCSE’s can only be counted as level 2. The responsibility is now on mangers and committee members to imple- ment the following:
     Check O-Level/CSE/GCSE* certificates and keep copies on file for all current and newly appointed practitioners who hold a level 3 EYE qualification, for Ofsted purposes. For overseas qualifications refer to NARIC *not required for older, non-EYE level 3 qualifications
     If candidates have lost their certificates but believe that they have the relevant grades they must follow this link to help recover them. Replacement exam certificates
     Managers should encourage practitioners to complete their GCSE’s, which are currently free at most colleges, so that they can eventually be counted in level 3 ratios
     Reassure staff with older level 3 qualifications that this does not apply to them
     When advertising and interviewing for level 3 posts remember to check which level 3 qualifications are held by the candidate and see if the GCSE rule applies