Pre-registration visit on Tuesday!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pre-registration visit on Tuesday!

I have finally had the phone call and ofsted are coming on Tuesday!
    I am super nervous and so worried that I will have a mind blank when she asks me questions.
    The lady I spoke to on the phone was lovely though and just asked me to think about activities that follow the 7 areas of learning and can suit both a 12 month old and a 4 year old but feel like thats a challenge as all I can think of is playdough!

Good luck to anyone else who is having theirs shortly. x

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you completed your Pre-Reg booklet? everything you need to know is in there, pretty much- you can have it in front of you as well as the EYFS and Dev Matters etc so if your mind goes blank it is fine to refer to the booklets- it is not a memory test. Remember they are there to get you registered, not to catch you out- they are often quite helpful. Good luck!

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck!

I had mine this week and the lady I had was lovely, really helpful and supportive.

She started off with safeguarding stuff then went onto the EYFS, I asked a few times if I could check my paperwork, policies etc, and that was fine.

Deep breathe, you can do it! X

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You will be fine.

remember to breathe the inspector is not there to trip you up but to help
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    becoming childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

hi
    I am dead nervous i have pre-reg ofsted inpsection this thursday. My inspector wants me to talk about the activities i will do covering 7 areas but she want me to cover the subheading of the 7 areas of learning as follows, she said to look at learning outcome and see what the stage the child should be and say how i would support in each area..
    Communication and language
    Listening and attention
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

Understanding
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

Speaking:
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

Physical development
    Moving and handling:
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

Health and self-care:
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

Personal, social and emotional development
    Self-confidence and self-awareness
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

Managing feelings and behaviour
    Age 8-20 months

Age 30-50 months

Making relationships:
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

Literacy
    Reading:
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

Writing:
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

Mathematics
    Numbers
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

Shape, space and measures:

Understanding the world
    People and communities
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

The world
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

Technology:
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

Expressive arts and design

Exploring and using media and materials
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

Being imaginative
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

All advice welcome, and thank you in advance i really appreciate it.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, you only have to do activities for the seven areas of learning, no need to do all the sub headings. Such as communication and language, you could show them books, asking the baby say what animals are in the book and the sounds the animals make but for the older child you could show a book and encourage the sounds or letters. Hope this helps

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brightstars2015 View Post
    hi
    I am dead nervous i have pre-reg ofsted inpsection this thursday. My inspector wants me to talk about the activities i will do covering 7 areas but she want me to cover the subheading of the 7 areas of learning as follows, she said to look at learning outcome and see what the stage the child should be and say how i would support in each area..
    Are you sure? I had my pre-reg last week and only had to cover each of the 7 areas once like Amanda said. x

Sept 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I had my visit this morning and it was absolutely fine!
    Feel silly for worrying so much and the inspector was lovely. They are definitely there to help you.
    She said she will definitely recommend that i'm registered so I should receive my certificate in 2 weeks
    Thank you for your kind comments guys xx

Sept 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brightstars2015 View Post
    hi
    Communication and language
    Listening and attention
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

Understanding
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

Speaking:
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

Physical development
    Moving and handling:
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

Health and self-care:
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

Personal, social and emotional development
    Self-confidence and self-awareness
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

Managing feelings and behaviour
    Age 8-20 months

Age 30-50 months

Making relationships:
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

Literacy
    Reading:
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

Writing:
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

Mathematics
    Numbers
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

Understanding the world
    People and communities
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

The world
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

Technology:
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

Being imaginative
    Age 8-20 months
    Age 30-50 months

All advice welcome, and thank you in advance i really appreciate it.
    I was advised exactly the same but I had my visit this morning and after spending days making flowcharts and documents, it was pointless as she said herself she didn't need all of that and I ended up just showing her a list of ideas i'd penned down.

I will message you a document I did following the development matters just incase that helps you further x

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    becoming childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you for all for the lovely support and advice will let you know what happens, I have been warned the inspector i will be having she is tough and expects to alot..
    cant wait to get the inspection over with and start minding children. xx

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    becoming childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah1975 View Post
    Are you sure? I had my pre-reg last week and only had to cover each of the 7 areas once like Amanda said. x
    hi
    yes am sure, i had the call from the inspector and she said to make the subheading and look in the early years outcome and say how i would support the child. did they ask any question about the common frame?
    thanks

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It makes sense to look at subheadings and outcomes and not a general area as these are what we need to plan for.
    I expect this expectation is inline with the general expectation that we finely observe and monitor children to characteristics of learning and outcomes in order to show progress. They have yo judge future childminders on their ability to do this I suppose.

I expect you have planned in prep for tomorrow now but a lot of outdoor, nature type activities cover huge amount of learning areas include a camera or a video recorder and you've hit the technology bit too...leave out loads of loose natural resources and being imaginative and exploring texture covered, don't have a tool for everyone and sharing naturally occurs, working with others, watching other children, good PSED excercise plus dressing appropriately and independently before you go out and washing hands independently after the play means self care has been discussed.

Good luck, I am sure all we be fine.
    Last edited by FloraDora; 02-09-2015 at 12:44 PM.

14. Likes brightstars2015 liked this post
    pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    becoming childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I have done something like this for all the 7 areas.. will see what happens tomorrow, i have made notes will expand on it when discussing with the inspector..
    Literacy
    Reading:
    Age 8-20 months
    Have books with pictures and let them look and feel the books with textures, have picture cards with the word underneath
    Age 30-50 months
    Have a variety of books, help child recognize their name, have the alphabet poster displayed with words and picture, have the toy unit drawer labelled with a picture and word (transport Cars-with picture of cars)

Writing:
    Age 8-20 months
    Mark making, sensory play, using paint and dipping the fingers in the paint and making marks on the paper, using fingers to run through sand and making lines and swirls
    Age 30-50 months
    Let children have pen, papers, pencil crayons and make their own drawings and they will call it writing, encourage writing their own name
    Mathematics
    Numbers
    Age 8-20 months
    On a go of 3, we do something i.e 1,2,3 we all stand up, have the number poster displayed, when reading books counting 2 cups, 3 puppies
    Age 30-50 months
    Put glasses on the table and ask the child to count, how many plates do we need for 6 children, sing rhymes 1,2, 3, 4 ,5 once I caught a fish counting on fingers
    Age 8-20 months
    Have a variety of toys in different sizes, big car, small car, shape sorter with different shapes
    Age 30-50 months
    Filling a jug, how many gasses of water we will need to fill it, which toy is bigger and heavier, where would this toy fit, can we all fit on the sofa

Understanding the world
    People and communities
    Age 8-20 months
    Visiting park this a diverse community
    Age 30-50 months
    Visit parks and showing books of diversity, showing different people in occupation police, fire man,
    The world
    Age 8-20 months
    Taking to parks showing nature, trees, flowers, windows textures on glass.
    Age 30-50 months
    Visit farms showing different kind of animals and then reading books about animals, using magnifiers to see minibeasts and leaves
    Technology:
    Age 8-20 months
    Exploring how things work, how key opens the door, how handle opens the door, what pushing
    Age 30-50 months
    doesElectronic toys with basic function, show child how to turn on/off, playing piano
    Electronic laptop which has, number and alphabet and some simple games to play
    Show what happens when you press buttons

Age 8-20 months
    Play rhymes and make clapping and tapping sounds, blow water bubbles, sing in high and low voice slow and fast
    Age 30-50 months
    Mix paints to see what happens when mixed together, painting pasta or other things stones and feeling the textures, using blocks making houses and bridges and walls
    Being imaginative
    Age 8-20 months
    Pretend you are moving, get a box and ask the child to be your little helper ask the child to help put things in the box and then close the lid. Naming things and colours etc.
    Age 30-50 months
    Role play a picnic where children get to have pretend tea and biscuit they can have dress up picnic to be anyone they want to be