Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Business plan

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Business plan

Hi all

I am currently in the process of writing my business plan and am feeling a little confused. I have got just about everything sorted on it now (I think/hope) except the financial section. Not sure how much detail I have to go into on it. I have decided what I am going to charge so have put the in and the number of children I am allowed to mind but do I need to do a full spreadsheet forecast of what I hope to earn in my first year?

Thanks for any help.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

there is a great section on childcare.co.uk where there is help available with a business plan

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Unless you are completing it for a course you can put as much detail in as you want!

The guidance on here is good - I based mine on this plus I googled writing a business plan and got quite interested in the general advice for business, not just childminding. My LEA also made me go on a business day which didn't give me anymore info than I had gleaned on here but it was a good opportunity to chat to others about childminders business plan.

I rarely look at mine now, except to update but the act of doing it really makes you think about what you want from this business. I found reading all the issues other childminders have had around payment and the advice the really experienced childminders gave really helped me think about what I should do around advanced payments, deposits, setting an equipment and resource budget etc...