dbs backlog
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dbs backlog

Post Thanks / Like

Default dbs backlog

I thought I'd start a new thread as I need help!
    My partner's DBS is at stage 4 since April 21st! I then requested them to chase it up and waited the 10 days still nothing!
    Partner has finally been able to speak to someone who said that it's not with -'local police ' ( west midlands ) it's gone to the met police?!?! Who have a huge backlog!
    I've been searching for a contact number to speak to someone and chase it up its nearly been 90 days!!
    I have a couple of questions -
    Has anyone been in this position? What happened?
    Can I definitely not make my application to ofsted until my partner's DBS comes through?
    Any advice?

I feel so disheartened
    Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

That is taking some time, apart from the department its with I dont think you can talk to anyone. You definitely cant apply before you get your husbands DBS as he wont be able to fill in and EY2 form and submit it without his DBS certificate and without the EY2 your form cant be submitted.

Its so stressful...ive plied to ofsted and just waiting now, hoping it doesn't take long as I already have someone agreed to start. I just need to be registered now
    Hope you get it sorted soon x

Post Thanks / Like

Ah I thought that was the case .....
    Aaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!

So annoying!

Post Thanks / Like

Typical mine came back within 2-3 weeks and I submitted them both the same day!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dots View Post
    That is taking some time, apart from the department its with I dont think you can talk to anyone. You definitely cant apply before you get your husbands DBS as he wont be able to fill in and EY2 form and submit it without his DBS certificate and without the EY2 your form cant be submitted.

Its so stressful...ive plied to ofsted and just waiting now, hoping it doesn't take long as I already have someone agreed to start. I just need to be registered now
    Hope you get it sorted soon x
    Thanks good luck with yours hope you get registered soon

Mar 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain. My partner's DBS took months in the end, and then by the time it had come through the rules had changed on the update service (which I wasn't informed of when my DBS came back June 2014) and my DBS which came back within 3 weeks was invalid. Neither Ofsted or DBS people would budge, so I had to go through the whole process again when his certificate finally came through, another £55.

They are all incompetent. I'm sorry. :P

Are you signed up to the update service?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greenfaerie View Post
    I feel your pain. My partner's DBS took months in the end, and then by the time it had come through the rules had changed on the update service (which I wasn't informed of when my DBS came back June 2014) and my DBS which came back within 3 weeks was invalid. Neither Ofsted or DBS people would budge, so I had to go through the whole process again when his certificate finally came through, another £55.

They are all incompetent. I'm sorry. :P

Are you signed up to the update service?
    Yes I did sign up for mine as soon as I got mine back

Mar 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh good! That will prevent you from experiencing what I had. :S I hope that someone prods the officer on a desk that you're waiting on, soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh good! That will prevent you from experiencing what I had. :S I hope that someone prods the officer on a desk that you're waiting on, soon!
    Thanks sure hope so, unfortunately didn't get to speak to anyone at the met so don't think anyone will be given a kick up the backside

Post Thanks / Like

All they gave me was the address appatantly they didn't have a contact number or email address to give us! Said to search Google! Well I was looking all yesterday and I couldn't find it at all.
    I'll be sending a letter this morning to hopefully get a response.
    Apparently there's a huge huge backlog

Mar 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the entire thing is ridiculous, expecting you to post a letter?! No wonder their paperwork is backlogged! Emails are much more efficient and calls are much easier to resolve. Urgh. It's mostly annoying because these things aren't cheap and it feels like you're trapped with awful customer service because they are the only option. *slow sarcastic clap* Mine was resolved back in October and apparently, I'm not over it. Haha.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the entire thing is ridiculous, expecting you to post a letter?! No wonder their paperwork is backlogged! Emails are much more efficient and calls are much easier to resolve. Urgh. It's mostly annoying because these things aren't cheap and it feels like you're trapped with awful customer service because they are the only option. *slow sarcastic clap* Mine was resolved back in October and apparently, I'm not over it. Haha.
    Ha I feel your pain yes I'm feeling very bitter with it all.......
    I wish I had gone with my gut and applied the same time as I started my course but my LA said oh don't do it straight away do it half way through course or when the course finishes! Aaahhhhh

13. Likes greenfaerie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Still not arrived! !!!

Mar 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Argh! How rubbish! How long since you submitted it now?

Post Thanks / Like

Argh! How rubbish! How long since you submitted it now?
    Stage 1 -9th april
    Stage 3 -21st April
    Stage 4 -"in progress "

They've been over the 60 days and way over the 10 days they have to respond to my query
    I sent a letter to met police last thurs still no reply and no progress.

I was planning on starting cm in Sept there's no chance of that now.

What do I do???

Mar 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what to tell you hun. They make it really difficult to contact them and don't care if they keep you waiting, since it's not exactly a competitive market, so they don't care about customer service. Is the particular police area on twitter? (I know my area is) Maybe an open online message would embarrass them into sorting their paperwork!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what to tell you hun. They make it really difficult to contact them and don't care if they keep you waiting, since it's not exactly a competitive market, so they don't care about customer service. Is the particular police area on twitter? (I know my area is) Maybe an open online message would embarrass them into sorting their paperwork!
    Ooh yeah I didn't think to take it to twitter!
    It's west midlands police my area but they've sent it to the met apparently due to the backlog.

Post Thanks / Like

Aaaahhhh stage 4 has been completed! !!!!

So do I still need to wait until I actually have the certificate to start ofsted registration process? Or can I start it now?

Someone told me that you can make a start on the online application and save at any time - I spent an hour on it then it didn't save so I only want to start the form once I know now!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The number you used for tracking is probably the certificate number ( it certainly used to be) ..in which case you can go ahead and apply. Don't forget to do the update service too xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    The number you used for tracking is probably the certificate number ( it certainly used to be) ..in which case you can go ahead and apply. Don't forget to do the update service too xx
    Wooooo brilliant thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast