Thread: Homely name?!

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 14
    Non childminder member
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Homely name?!

Hi all,

Well after been registered a year, and having my baby inbetween i'm finally ready to start childminding!

I don't offer a specific "play room" as I don't have this luxury, so i'm concentrating in the fact that i'm in a home from home setting. We are a very creative family so they'll be lots of creative play. Anyone any ideas on a name? I liked home comforts but someone has that one so one similar to this? Or with the word creative etc?

Just throwing it out to you all incase anyone comes up with something better than i can!

Thank you
    Lisa

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How about "Home from home childminding" or "little scribblers" there is an art club in our area called "Doodlebugs" but think it's a franchaised club so you couldn't use that name.

My name was easy - my dog is called Hector and this is his house - also I'm of the generation who grew up watching Hector's House on "Watch with Mother" on a black & white TV !

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't have a name ... I'm just me and the children say they are going to 'loocyloos house'.

I'm not a fan of 'cutsey names' and also names with 'little' in may put off parents with older children needing afterschool or holiday care.

Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa77 View Post
    Hi all,

Well after been registered a year, and having my baby inbetween i'm finally ready to start childminding!

I don't offer a specific "play room" as I don't have this luxury, so i'm concentrating in the fact that i'm in a home from home setting. We are a very creative family so they'll be lots of creative play. Anyone any ideas on a name? I liked home comforts but someone has that one so one similar to this? Or with the word creative etc?

Just throwing it out to you all incase anyone comes up with something better than i can!

Thank you
    Lisa
    "Lisa's Little Learners"

would be my suggestion. It uses your own name, so will be hard for anyone else to copy. And if you're doing lots of creative play, then the children will be learning lots with you. (Plus the new Common Inspection framework is all about Teaching, so the name itself ticks a very big box about your whole ethos - i.e. learning?)

Hope it helps,

LK

PS: I thought about missing "Little" out for you, as Loocyloo's suggestion, but I tend to major on the little guys so that jumped out at me. If you are going to do mainly after-school, then drop the Little, and do something like: "Learning at Lisa's"?

Last edited by lollipop kid; 08-07-2015 at 12:20 PM.

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

My last name is Fox so all my paperwork has my logo on (of a fox of course)

But I don't have a "childminding name"

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is Woodlands Childminding - my house name is Woodlands.

Good luck x

Post Thanks / Like

I use my house name jollies dean farm childcare x