Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Car insurance

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 14
    Non childminder member
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Car insurance

I Don't drive, and I have been doing this job fine just walking or catching the train or bus, but sometimes in the pouring rain my partner can drop me of to nursery runs but then walking back home in the rain.. So he is due to renew his insurance , can he drop me off or take me places or does he need business insurance to do this, it only for over 3's wouldn't do it for younger and they would sit in my own child seat..

Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know, I think maybe phone your liability insurance to find out if you are covered for children travelling in a car driven by someone else. I think it would be worth finding out from car insurance company how much extra it is to have business cover - your partner would automatically have passenger insurance for giving you a lift but as you are looking after the children as part of running your business that may mean that he needs the business insurance (although on my policy it says "business use in connection with running MY business" where it's your business and not your partners.