Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Registration Help

HI,

Just on my course currently, hoping to get registered before september as already have people interested. I have started looking through ofsted application and as long as I have dates for course and first aid I can start now...however I need my DBS check. The lady leading my course keeps saying not to do DBS/Health declaration yet as there is a limit on time between applying/receiving these and applying to ofsted. Does anyone know what kind of time limit there is or if i apply for dbs now, my health form in 2 weeks and my ofsted in say 3/4 then would that be ok? Any hekp gratefully appreciated. Course finishes just as i go on holiday so didn't want to wait. TIA

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dots View Post
    HI,

Just on my course currently, hoping to get registered before september as already have people interested. I have started looking through ofsted application and as long as I have dates for course and first aid I can start now...however I need my DBS check. The lady leading my course keeps saying not to do DBS/Health declaration yet as there is a limit on time between applying/receiving these and applying to ofsted. Does anyone know what kind of time limit there is or if i apply for dbs now, my health form in 2 weeks and my ofsted in say 3/4 then would that be ok? Any hekp gratefully appreciated. Course finishes just as i go on holiday so didn't want to wait. TIA
    My LA said that as well, I ignored them and I'm glad I did as the DBS took 2.1/2,months to come back and you have to go on the update system so it doesn't matter anyway when you apply. I think the L.A.'s are behind with the times. I also had my health check completed 2 months before I could apply and Osted never said anything, so if I were you I would apply for your DBS and health check as soon as you want.

Do you know when you might finish your course, because it's very frustrating when you do and then still waiting for the DBS's?

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

My course finishes 29th June. I do my first aid the two Saturday's before and on ofsted it just says that's as long as I put completion dates I can apply they just won't register me before they complete. But I can not reply without dbs certificates. So I applied for them last night will do forms today & hopefully they won't take too long.

Thanks for your help, a delay of 2 1/2 months for dbs would not be good :/ x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

My course finishes 29th June. I do my first aid the two Saturday's before and on ofsted it just says that's as long as I put completion dates I can apply they just won't register me before they complete. But I can not reply without dbs certificates. So I applied for them last night will do forms today & hopefully they won't take too long.

Thanks for your help, a delay of 2 1/2 months for dbs would not be good :/ x
    Let me know how you get on, I sent for my DBS's end of Jan they came back middle of April so I then applied and I had my pre reg last Monday 1st June and I'm finally registered.

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Will do...bet your glad the process is finally open, so much for becoming registered within 12 weeks. Seems the dbs/health declaration seems to be the problem :/

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Will do...bet your glad the process is finally open, so much for becoming registered within 12 weeks. Seems the dbs/health declaration seems to be the problem :/
    I am glad it's over, got two children starting Monday so been busy getting all my resources together