Ofsted Pre Reg Booklet.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ofsted Pre Reg Booklet.

Can anyone please help with the first question in the Ofsted pre reg booklet?! Do I need to have a different activity for each of the seven areas of learning or will I be able to use the same activity to cover multiple areas? For example, could I do baking, covering Physical Development - Moving and Handling, pouring ingredients and turning pages; as well as Mathematics- counting ingredients, pointing to numbers on the scales. Or is it best to have 7 different examples of activities?? Thanks in advance. Claire

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just filled mine in. I done separate activities for all the areas but I chose activities that was suitable for both ages but obviously had to make it slightly different for the older child. Hope this makes sense 😊. Have you applied to Ofsted yet?

Mar 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claire1976 View Post
    Can anyone please help with the first question in the Ofsted pre reg booklet?! Do I need to have a different activity for each of the seven areas of learning or will I be able to use the same activity to cover multiple areas? For example, could I do baking, covering Physical Development - Moving and Handling, pouring ingredients and turning pages; as well as Mathematics- counting ingredients, pointing to numbers on the scales. Or is it best to have 7 different examples of activities?? Thanks in advance. Claire
    I personally did different activities, but only because I found it easier to remember, and Ofsted were happy with that, but I've known others span one activity over many areas and Ofsted liked that also. I think as long as you mention that one activity can cover many things, so they're unlimited in learning opportunities (singing with babies is a good one, as that can cover PSE, CL, PD and the start of M)

In my experience Ofsted just wants to know that you know what you're doing, and that you have a good starting point and understanding of EYFS.

I'm sure you'll do great, I had my pre registration visit in February, and the inspector was lovely.

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Great, thanks ladies. I think I'll stick to one activity per area as well but mention they can cover other areas too. As you say, it'll probably be easier to remember them I've just applied to Ofsted, so waiting to hear when my inspection will be now. Getting really nervous about it now

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just applied to Ofsted as well and like you wondering when it will be. What area are you in Claire?

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Surrey. I did my course a year ago and then put things on hold to have our second son. He's 9 months old now, so think it's about time I got going again (or at least my husband thinks it's time I did ) Where are you Amanda?

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Walsall, West Midlands

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You will be able to refer to your answers in your booklet ... just stay calm and you'll be fine.

All activities are holistic - they link to different areas of the Eyfs at the same time - cooking links to maths, literacy, Psed and much more...

Believe in yourself

9. Likes Claire1976 liked this post
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    You will be able to refer to your answers in your booklet ... just stay calm and you'll be fine.

All activities are holistic - they link to different areas of the Eyfs at the same time - cooking links to maths, literacy, Psed and much more...

Believe in yourself
    Thanks Sarah, I'll try