Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: funding

Registered Childminder since
    aug 13
    Non childminder member
    childminder to be
    Post Thanks / Like

Default funding

I registered as a childminder in august 2013 and am on all 3 register's, started nannying begining of 2014, Ofsted came in march 2014 i did'nt have any children on roll because was doing the nannying their older children, i got a not met because there was a couple of things about paperwork i did'nt have and do, did'nt get much support from my la, now have'nt got a la but they said i would'nt beable to offer the funding for 2 3 and 4 year olds but want to do childminding now, there's not that much work in my area but alot of people are on benefits so it would be good if i could offer the 2 year funding is there anything i can do about this please. Ofsted said to ring when ive got children and they will come out again.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by amelia lilly View Post
    I registered as a childminder in august 2013 and am on all 3 register's, started nannying begining of 2014, Ofsted came in march 2014 i did'nt have any children on roll because was doing the nannying their older children, i got a not met because there was a couple of things about paperwork i did'nt have and do, did'nt get much support from my la, now have'nt got a la but they said i would'nt beable to offer the funding for 2 3 and 4 year olds but want to do childminding now, there's not that much work in my area but alot of people are on benefits so it would be good if i could offer the 2 year funding is there anything i can do about this please. Ofsted said to ring when ive got children and they will come out again.
    Your EY support team may have been cut but there will be someone there dealing with providers
    Also there will be a finance dept dealing with funding for nurseries and preschools.
    Give them a ring and ask for advice if you want to start taking 0-5 children because you have no grade due to being inspected with no children on roll.

Also contact Ofsted for support and tell them you wish to have children 0-5 now
    Good luck

aug 13
    Non childminder member
    childminder to be
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah i know there will be someone there to talk to, but before they said because i got a NOT MET from Ofsted i can't offer the funding that was last year tho.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

yeah i know there will be someone there to talk to, but before they said because i got a NOT MET from Ofsted i can't offer the funding that was last year tho.
    A lot of las will refuse a childminder with a not met the funding.

In our la for an inadequate/not met you would have to prove that because if you didn't provide it there would be a shortage of space however because of all the preschools/nurseries/childminders its very hard to prove this
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Simona Guest

Apologies...I read it that you don't have a LA?
    I think Ofsted is your best source of support...will they re inspect you since they gave you 'not met'? did they give you any actions to get to 'met'?

Your LA should be able to advise you on your next steps to taking on children
    Keep us posted

aug 13
    Non childminder member
    childminder to be
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no support anymore but there will be someone there to talk to. Ofsted made a note of what ive got to do to GET MET ive done that, they said they can come back any time to check if ive done it, but to ring them when ive got children.

aug 13
    Non childminder member
    childminder to be
    Post Thanks / Like

But its been a year and they have'nt come back and have'nt got any children because there is not much work

aug 13
    Non childminder member
    childminder to be
    Post Thanks / Like

Rang the funding team in my area they said i need a good or a better to offer the funding so even if Ofsted came out and gave me a MET i still would'nt be able to offer it. iv'e just got to find some children then ring Ofsted to say ive got children then they will come out and grade me.