Completing Ofsted EYC form.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Completing Ofsted EYC form.

Hi all, this is my first post so please go easy on me! I'm in the process of registering and am confused with the question on the EYC form regarding ratios. The question asks:

Please specify the age ranges and number of children you will care for:

E3) Birth to under one year
    One year to the end of the early years age group

E4) End of the early years age group to under eight

E5) Eight years to under 11 years
    11 years to under 15 years
    15 years to under 18 years

I know the ratios I can look after, 6 under 8, of which only 3 can be under 5 and only 1 of these can be under 1. But I don't know how to complete the 8 and over question?! I can't find anywhere that states specific ratios for these age ranges. Also it says how many children I will care for, not how many I can care for! Until I start minding how can I possibly know the numbers I will care for? Confusing!

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Claire.

July 14
    Post Thanks / Like

I put 1 for the under 12m, 2 for 1-5yrs and 3 over 5s. Cant remember what I wrote for other ages if anything. Im not sure if they are testing if u know ur ratios. It wont state how many children u can look after on ur certificate anyway so pointless question really.

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks LittleRabbits, that's what I have for the under 8's; just got confused with the over 8's question. Kept thinking I was missing something! I'll just leave than blank and see what happens.

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRabbits View Post
    I put 1 for the under 12m, 2 for 1-5yrs and 3 over 5s. Cant remember what I wrote for other ages if anything. Im not sure if they are testing if u know ur ratios. It wont state how many children u can look after on ur certificate anyway so pointless question really.
    Thanks LittleRabbits, I did reply the other day but my response still hasn't appered! I already have the under 8 ratios you've mentioned. I guess I'll just leave the over 8's blank and see what happens! Thanks again.

July 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Pacey u can be insured to have up to 12 children each (so 6 over 8yrs) n the mm insurer is 10 (so 4 over 8 years)

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRabbits View Post
    Pacey u can be insured to have up to 12 children each (so 6 over 8yrs) n the mm insurer is 10 (so 4 over 8 years)
    Great, thanks for the info. I was considering joining Pacey when I eventually get registered.