Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Facebook pages..

Ive chosen a name...what do your facebook pages look like and what do you put on them..Links below please x

2. Likes Sammy Jo T liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

sorry - don't use facebook!

but bumping thread for you!

there is a forum facebook page/thing I believe, but I have no idea beyond that!

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

5. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

That looks good, did you just use photos of your own kids on it? Wasn't sure on mine, I've been taking photos of stuff I do with my kids as I do a lot of eyfs stuff with them, And was going to put them on as stuff I've done to show what we would do. There'll be a lot throughout the year! Good that you've got reviews too x

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dots View Post
    That looks good, did you just use photos of your own kids on it? Wasn't sure on mine, I've been taking photos of stuff I do with my kids as I do a lot of eyfs stuff with them, And was going to put them on as stuff I've done to show what we would do. There'll be a lot throughout the year! Good that you've got reviews too x
    Thank you, i still have bits to add but it's getting there. The little girl with the dark hair is my daughter (the one painting) the other children are my god children and friend's children.

That sounds a good idea putting yours on, especially if you have lots of lovely examples. What name have you chosen?

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Safeguarding children has got to be paramount in our practise.

Showing children's faces even if it is your own and your friends on the same page as a geographical location is definately not good safe guarding.

Whilst facebook is the default site now for most young mums so ideal for advertising no childminder should be showing the faces of children on social media.

There are currently loads of studies out there that are showing what happens to a photo on facebook - once on there it cannot be got rid of, no matter how secure you page is, which this one isn't as it's an advertising page and in the nature of this you need to have your location and contact details.

Lecture over, sorry, but revisit your safeguarding training before creating your facebook page for childminding. We are vulnerable, in our homes often on our own.......
    That is why this site and the independent childminders facebook group does not allow photos of children.

9. Likes lollipop kid, rickysmiths, GI JOE liked this post
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    Safeguarding children has got to be paramount in our practise.

Showing children's faces even if it is your own and your friends on the same page as a geographical location is definately not good safe guarding.

Whilst facebook is the default site now for most young mums so ideal for advertising no childminder should be showing the faces of children on social media.

There are currently loads of studies out there that are showing what happens to a photo on facebook - once on there it cannot be got rid of, no matter how secure you page is, which this one isn't as it's an advertising page and in the nature of this you need to have your location and contact details.

Lecture over, sorry, but revisit your safeguarding training before creating your facebook page for childminding. We are vulnerable, in our homes often on our own.......
    That is why this site and the independent childminders facebook group does not allow photos of children.
    Totally understand what you're saying Flora. I did think about it before I posted the photos of my own daughter and I did get the permission of my friends first also. I would never put any photos from say in a paddling pool for example and none of minded children, certainly not without permission.

Although my village shows on there I purposely haven't put my address on there, nor will I show a photo of the front of my house.

Thank you for your advice though, it is appreciated.

Just to add, I have just see it does show directions to my house however anyone could look my address up if they wanted to. The only child in those photos that is here every day is my own and there are no indecent photos of her on there. My husband does work from home so I'm not alone but agreed we are all vulnerable letting people into our home but photos or not, you could still have someone contact you just from seeing the advert for a childminder as they know children will be there.
    Last edited by Sammy Jo T; 28-02-2015 at 10:05 AM.

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

The photos I have been taking don't actually show faces, they are the activities that we do and at most show there hands or the back of there head. Is that accetable?

I am going to be little dots child minding spot! Lol x

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dots View Post
    The photos I have been taking don't actually show faces, they are the activities that we do and at most show there hands or the back of there head. Is that accetable?

I am going to be little dots child minding spot! Lol x
    Love the name!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Jo T View Post
    Looks great sammyjoT, lovely facilities for the children :-)

14. Likes Sammy Jo T liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    Safeguarding children has got to be paramount in our practise. Showing children's faces even if it is your own and your friends on the same page as a geographical location is definately not good safe guarding. Whilst facebook is the default site now for most young mums so ideal for advertising no childminder should be showing the faces of children on social media. There are currently loads of studies out there that are showing what happens to a photo on facebook - once on there it cannot be got rid of, no matter how secure you page is, which this one isn't as it's an advertising page and in the nature of this you need to have your location and contact details. Lecture over, sorry, but revisit your safeguarding training before creating your facebook page for childminding. We are vulnerable, in our homes often on our own....... That is why this site and the independent childminders facebook group does not allow photos of children.
    I uploaded a photo of myself and my baby to childcare.co.uk and it never showed and I didn't understand why and when I contacted them they said they couldn't feature any children. I hadn't even thought! CertAinly makes you think. I have been compiling a website with pics of my LO although I am not entirely comfortable with posting pics online I felt it important to advertise the business. I was going to try and mark the photos with my business name or something to protect it as much as possible.

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Looks great sammyjoT, lovely facilities for the children :-)
    Thank you so much!

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a facebook page for my business only my personal page and my independent childminders page, I do have some parents as friends on my page but only as I feel that I don't put anything too personal on I'm more of a looker than a commenter, and it does come in handy when they say little one has been sick as I know I won't be getting them x
    Cath

18. Likes FussyElmo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love your plastic drawer storage unit sammyjo, is it ikea? I'm looking for something similar :-)

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    I love your plastic drawer storage unit sammyjo, is it ikea? I'm looking for something similar :-)
    Thank you, yes it's Ikea. The units are sold as 4 but are actually separate. I had to get the hubby to fix them together to make sure they were stable.

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

22. Likes Sammy Jo T, Little Dots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieSausage View Post
    Looks fantastic :-) I love your policeman and nurse jigsaw puzzles, can you recall where you got these?

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieSausage View Post
    Looks good, lots of different things & active days out! Still debating wether to use my car for child minding or just use buses?

Jan 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Facebook page but it's a closed group for parents only so I can post photos of their children and keep them updated with what we do every day.

Post Thanks / Like

Ooh kitchen envy!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast