What do I actually NEED?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What do I actually NEED?

I have booked on to a pre-reg course in March and I am getting so confused by what I am required to have.

The bits I think I need are:
    * Policies & Procedures
    * Folder for each child with learning journals, observations, daily dairies, Permission slips
    * Visitor book
    * Attendance Register
    * Planning
    * SEF

Plus:
    * Insurance - Public, home & car
    * Fire blanket
    * Food Hygiene Lvl 2 (already done)
    * CRB/DBS?? (I have had a CRB done and passed that as I had a business working with children)

This seems like I am missing loads. Can anyone help point out what I am missing please?
    I want to make sure I have everything I need to have and not make it all too complicated for myself and at the moment I am drowning.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

They tell you on the course what you need...my la specifically told us not to do anything and wait until the course as we did policies etc as homework

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RCTLisa View Post
    I have booked on to a pre-reg course in March and I am getting so confused by what I am required to have.

The bits I think I need are:
    * Policies & Procedures
    * Folder for each child with learning journals, observations, daily dairies, Permission slips
    * Visitor book
    * Attendance Register
    * Planning
    * SEF

Plus:
    * Insurance - Public, home & car
    * Fire blanket
    * Food Hygiene Lvl 2 (already done)
    * CRB/DBS?? (I have had a CRB done and passed that as I had a business working with children)

This seems like I am missing loads. Can anyone help point out what I am missing please?
    I want to make sure I have everything I need to have and not make it all too complicated for myself and at the moment I am drowning.
    Please don't panic, you have so much time and as Alex say's you'll be advised on your course what you need to do. To give you an idea I finished my course in November and put my application into Ofsted on the 9th Dec. Everything went through first time no problems but it still took until today for my pre-reg to be done. If you want to get ahead then yes you could start writing policies but just treat them as a draft for now. You could think about a business name (if you want one), if you want to provide meals etc but honestly don't panic yet.