Vacancies
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Vacancies

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vacancies

Just wanted to know in terms of getting business.....would you post business cards locally or wait to hear of someone from childcare.co.uk and your local council.and if someone views your profile on childcare.co.uk and you meet that criteria do you get in touch with them.and also how do you budget on foods...it's so hard thinking of healthy meals to make as I'm doing lunch and tea for both my son and mindee.breakfast isn't an issue.

Registered Childminder since
    Nov2014
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    Re advertising, I would advertise in as many places as possible!! Use all sources of possible promotion, can't do you any harm and may get you working quicker, good luck!!

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Childcare.co.uk- it is worth getting the gold membership when you actually have a vacancy (I then cancel it before the next month direct debit is taken, once vacancy is filled) and then you can send messages. I message everyone who is looking locally, sometimes parents only give partial info, or things change, so even if you can't do the days parents specify it is still worth messaging. If someone views you then definitely message then, but be proactive and message everyone. You can send out several messages and get no response at all so just keep at it, log in everyday and be proactive.
    And advertise everywhere you can think of, give out cards at Toddler Groups, ask playgroups if you can put card on notice board etc.

Healthy meals- what do you usually cook for your son? If you feel it is not healthy then can you make some changes? Make sure there is veg or salad at every meal, offer fruit before or instead of a pudding.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Always carry business cards in your bag or pocket (cheap from Vistaprint), I have given out cards at toddler groups, in the park and even when walking my dog. Also cheap from Vistaprint are magnetic car stickers, just make sure you drive carefully though and don't jump lights, have road rage or speed as that wouldn't be a good advert! Go to local childminding toddler groups (if there are any in your area), I often pass work onto new childminders as I know that all the well established ones are full - so ask them if they could pass on your number if they can't help parents who phone them.