Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre reg visit

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 13
    Post Thanks / Like

When I had my pre-reg she asked me the questions that are in the form and looked to make sure I had the essential policies. She asked about insurance and I explained I would get that when I booked my first mindee and who I would go with, she was pleased with that. She had a quick look round the house apart from my kids room as I wouldn't be using it and it has a lock on so children can't enter. She also questioned me on some risk assessments pointing out things that I hadn't accounted for.

The week before she came I cleaned like a lunatic, did far more than I needed, and read up on doings obs etc. she asked me a couple of random questions. She pointed out that I didn't have many toys. I have a fab storage unit (in my teeny tiny house) and when I slid the doors back I had all the toys organised in boxes and labeled. She was impressed with that but only because she doesn't normally see it on pre-reg. I just got a bit carried away with laminating etc.

Mrs O was lovely and gave me a few ideas and some websites to look at. She was with me about 4 hours. It really wasn't as bad as I thought. The one I worry about is inspection lol!

Just be yourself, if she picks up on something just say 'thank you for pointing that out, that's really helpful' For the obs etc I showed her what I thought I would use and asked if she had suggestions to good forms.

Good luck - you will be fantastic xx

2. Likes Sammy Jo T liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone
    I've got my pre-reg visit on Monday - she only rang me today and with a pretty hectic weekend ahead, I'm wondering what to prioritise?

I have all my policies and procedures done, been through the pre-reg visit questions, I have a pretty good understanding of the areas of L&D and safeguarding.

I know I need to fit my safety catches and so on.

Do I need to do a really big clean?
    Do I need to know and read up on the 2 year progress check?
    Should I be swotting up on the EYFS?

My house is never that dirty - do I need to give the fridge and microwave a once over?

Slightly panicking!!

Thanks in advance
    Laura

Post Thanks / Like

I've got mine on Thursday, good luck, hopefully it won't be too bad at such short notice

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LauraMidd View Post
    Hi everyone
    I've got my pre-reg visit on Monday - she only rang me today and with a pretty hectic weekend ahead, I'm wondering what to prioritise?

I have all my policies and procedures done, been through the pre-reg visit questions, I have a pretty good understanding of the areas of L&D and safeguarding.

I know I need to fit my safety catches and so on.

Do I need to do a really big clean?
    Do I need to know and read up on the 2 year progress check?
    Should I be swotting up on the EYFS?

My house is never that dirty - do I need to give the fridge and microwave a once over?

Slightly panicking!!

Thanks in advance
    Laura
    Gosh no wonder you're panicking! I am now after reading that. I was expecting in my mind that I'd get a good weeks notice before a pre-reg but now I'm wondering if I will. (I'm not ready yet!)

All the best for Monday, hope it goes well and you're not too stressed over the weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone I've got my pre-reg visit on Monday - she only rang me today and with a pretty hectic weekend ahead, I'm wondering what to prioritise? I have all my policies and procedures done, been through the pre-reg visit questions, I have a pretty good understanding of the areas of L&D and safeguarding. I know I need to fit my safety catches and so on. Do I need to do a really big clean? Do I need to know and read up on the 2 year progress check? Should I be swotting up on the EYFS? My house is never that dirty - do I need to give the fridge and microwave a once over? Slightly panicking!! Thanks in advance Laura
    Oh no good luck :-) you'll be fine :-) Let us know how it goes X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gemma659353 View Post
    I've got mine on Thursday, good luck, hopefully it won't be too bad at such short notice
    Good luck for Thursday gemma :-))

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gemma659353 View Post
    Sorry good luck to you too Gemma!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you just trying to remember everything!!

We're you not given a few days to chose from? I was told tues thurs or fri so I chose Thursday as my son will be in nursery so at least I'll be able to focus a little bit!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure the safety stuff is in place and then maybe read up on the eyfs. Don't worry too much about the rest - I spent ages cleaning and tidying and she literally just walked round my house really quickly so it wasn't really necessary (having said that people did tell me this but I did anyway, so guessing whatever anyone says you will spend ages doing more than necessary! But try to relax and not wear yourself out too much!)
    Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Good luck for Thursday gemma :-))
    Thank you. Good luck for today. Let me know how it goes

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone I've got my pre-reg visit on Monday - she only rang me today and with a pretty hectic weekend ahead, I'm wondering what to prioritise? I have all my policies and procedures done, been through the pre-reg visit questions, I have a pretty good understanding of the areas of L&D and safeguarding. I know I need to fit my safety catches and so on. Do I need to do a really big clean? Do I need to know and read up on the 2 year progress check? Should I be swotting up on the EYFS? My house is never that dirty - do I need to give the fridge and microwave a once over? Slightly panicking!! Thanks in advance Laura
    How did it go? I have mine on the 28th (got 2 weeks notice)

Post Thanks / Like

Hope it went well yesterday lauramidd and that you're passed to start :-)) Be good to hear from you when you've recovered! :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12