Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 13
    Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Default On in the background

Morning ladies

What do you have on in the back ground? Well apart from the noisy toys that's been left on!

Radio?
    Childrens music?
    This morning TV?
    Story book?

My house feels very quite this morning with two Little ones

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have anything on for most of the day. I prefer not to have background noise as I think it distracts the children, even if they don't look as if they're taking any notice of it.

If I put anything on it's for a specific reason - music CD to accompany a musical instrument session, a story CD while I wash up after lunch, a TV programme that I've chosen for the children to sit and watch, music to accompany quiet time, relaxing music at sleep time. I don't put anything on just for some background sound.

Having said that, I do play Christmas music through most of December, but that's usually to accompany christmas activities.

I don't see anything wrong with having some music on in the background if that's what you want. It's just personally I prefer as little extra noise as possible

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I generally have the radio on in the kitchen, not loud, just enough for me to break into song every now and again , otherwise I'd never know what's going on in the world

4. Likes funemnx liked this post
    July 13
    Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't think about Christmas music coming on, made me all excited .
    I think Iv just noticed the house being quite the last couple of days since my older children went back to school and we've been house bond with the weather the last couple of days. Sad not able to explore easier with wet weather and two one year olds

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine like music so I often play a cd. I sometimes think what they talk about on the radio can be a little inappropriate so I don't listen to that. (Forgot to turn telly off this morning and had a child panicking due to the new break before going round a bend advert) Thomas the tank engine audio book is popular.

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The Radio...its a lonely enough job already so without the radio I think I really would go loopy

I like listening to the music, news and just generally people talking
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

8. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have the radio on .. It's the only way i get to hear what is happening in the world!
    Older mindees talk about what they hear and we sing along to songs.
    I sometimes put music cds or story cds on, or classical music or whatever takes my fancy!

I don't do tv

Post Thanks / Like

A mix of things.. Morning tv while they all arrive (usually adult to begin with then a children's tv programme.. This is because I am meant to start at 830 but often still sat here on my own Til 9.. Not that I am complaining lol! ) then off for the morning as we are either busy or out.. The other day I put radio on for a change and it brightened my mood. Plus as you say we don't know what's going on otherwise!

For December a Christmas radio station is set up, they fund raise for charity and play 24/7 Christmas music. That will be on all the time on all radios in car and house! Can't wait!!

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Tv usually left on on back ground as I like back ground noise the children could be bopping about and listening to what ever song on or . counting and they pick it up. Also settles a new child if a baby . channel is on in the back ground as mum says he likes it at hers. He never actually watches it nut think it's familiar from home. Although I have seem the TV still on this . channel even after all kids are away home. Takes me couple hours to realise I'm singing tweenies or . Ben and Holly and wondering why lol
    Sometimes children's cds on too
    Tess1981

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

The radio's on in the kitchen here too

Post Thanks / Like

I love listening to music, and have the radio on mostly at breakfast and when I'm preparing dinner 4pm onwards and for tidying when all the kids have left lol! I had a childrens activity rhyme cd on for about 2 hrs today, the funniest thing was baby was just happy playing and I was singing oompah, oompah to the music man with actions!! (He wasn't even looking at me).

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My assistants and I put on our iPods or smart phones on a dock to amplify it. We play pre selected playlists. Not just children's songs but our favourite music too as I think it helps us stay in good spirits. So if it's me it's Latin music and acoustic or reggae and the girls play light rock as long as the lyrics aren't offensive.
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

First thing I do in the morning is put the radio on in the kitchen! I would go mad without it

toddlers896 Guest

Jeremy Kyle in my room and DVDs,s in theirs ha ha - only joking. I do have the tv on in the kitchen which is normally good morning Britain, when kids eat breakfast its cbeebies and in the toy room it's whatever the kids want.tumble tots Music or peppa pig once in a blue moon