Pre reg tomorrow
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pre reg tomorrow

I just a bit of advice please do I need a fire extinguisher ... I have an electic hob . Also what new paperwork since September do I now need.
    Thanx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny2 View Post
    I just a bit of advice please do I need a fire extinguisher ... I have an electic hob . Also what new paperwork since September do I now need. Thanx
    I don't have a fire extinguisher, I simply have the fire blanket that we are required to have. It was never questioned during my pre-reg inspection. Hopefully someone will be along soon to clarify for certain but I'm pretty sure its only the blanket you need. x

Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my pr-reg on monday and don't have a fire extinguisher. Mrs O did check I had a fire blanket and that it was hung up ready.
    I have been told/ read somewhere that if a fire broke out our priority is to evacuate and phone 999, not to tackle the fire itself.

In the free resources section of the forum there is loads of information about 2014 changes as well as in some of the threads. Remember to check the Childcare Register requirements as well as the EYFS ones.

It really wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Good Luck

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi... Fire blanket is a requirement

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Fire blanket required however local fire station state do not attempt to put out a fire as more people are injured doing this. They advise evacuate and ring for them x