Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Car seats?!?

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Car seats?!?

OK, so I have been thinking about practicalities and realised that I won't be able to use my dd's main (soon to be outgrown by her) car seat if I want to use the front seat at all. Our car is a 'sport' option with shaped leather seats so I can only fit 2 seats in the back, and my dd's seat is an ERF seat which means whichever seat it is fitted behind cannot be adjusted and prevents the front seat from being pushed all the way back. I also have my dd's forward facing britax king plus which lives in the other car, which will be used for minding.

So- I need to buy at least 2 car seats, one suitable for my 17kgs ish nearly 4yr old and another for another child who could be any age.

I've had a look online and there is too much choice! Such a range of features and prices. Another factor is our car doesn't have isofix, but anything we buy in the future will have.

What do you find works? Is it a good idea to get seats the same to avoid arguments? Thanks

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Halfords do a range that will take you right through from 9 months, the bonus is the shoulder straps adjust individually, so you can pull them to one side for a bigger child, but you'd need them to check the fit for you in both cars if your planning on swapping them around! As far as having the same seats to avoid arguments, pah, my lot have learned that I don't negotiate, they sit where I tell them to! Usually he or she most likely to be silly goes where I can see them most easily!

3. Likes Lal liked this post
    Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone use one of these? How do you find the cushion in the front rather than a more traditional harness?

Recaro Monza Nova IS Car Seat - Saphir - Babies R Us - Britain's greatest toy store

I've tried to put a link in for a Recaro Monza Nova IS 1/2/3 seat but doesn't seem to be working
    Last edited by Lal; 25-08-2014 at 04:41 PM.