Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: First parent

Registered Childminder since
    July 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First parent

Hi guys. I have a parent coming tomorrow to sign contracts and registration documents. What do people do about policies? I have a section on my policies for me to sign and the parents to sign. I have read and signed all of mine. Should I photocopy for parents to read and sign also? Do they need to sign infront of me or can they keep and take away? Do I need to keep them anyway or can parents just take away? At nursery, parents are given policies to take away but we don't ask for them back or signed?

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You do not need to sign your own policies. You wrote them.

You need a record that parents have read and agreed all policies.

I have a list of all the policy titles and their dates on a 'Policy Agreement' sheet (I have versions as I review each year). I email all policies to parents (saves paper and ink) and parents tick each on the one 'Policy Agreement' sheet and sign at the bottom. I keep that sheet and remind parents to keep the policies for their future reference.

Also remember permissions sheet- you need permission for outings and you might want to ask for permission for other things like applying sun cream, using public transport, using your car etc

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

I've signed my copies, these are available for parents to read. I then email all of them to parents when they've verbally said they want to use me, then when they come to sign contacts they sign to say they've read them.

July 14
    Post Thanks / Like

I was told we had to sign our policies and get our assistant to read and sign too.

I have got all my permission forms in contract already :-)

I had an idea of having all policy titles on 1 piece of paper for parents to sign. That's a good idea to have the date next to them too though, thanks. And email idea great idea! Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I give my parents a CD containing all my policies and they sign to say they have received it.

x