Mortgage while minding
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mortgage while minding

I hope this is the right place, sorry if its not.

I am looking at buying my house and everywhere I go is asking for 2 years accounts (which I don't have) or says that I can't have a mortgage as a minder as I'm living on the business premises etc...

Anyone been successful and can offer any advice?

Thanks

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They have tightened up the regulations I recent years after the crash so it is more difficult to get mortgages by everyone. I had less hassle arranging a mortgage through the bank that I had my current account with as they could see my incoming and outgoings.

But as you only registered this year you will probably struggle everywhere

July 13
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a mortgage company that will take a year's worth of books. I can't remember their name off the top of my head but will ask my husband later.

4. Likes littlefootsteps liked this post
    July 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Kensington! :-)

6. Likes littlefootsteps liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HTSMumma View Post
    There is a mortgage company that will take a year's worth of books. I can't remember their name off the top of my head but will ask my husband later.
    Thanks i'll take a look now

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello. I moved the week before last so am fresh to it all. I would advise speaking to an independent mortgage advisor. Ours was fantastic. We went to her a year before wanting to move and asked advice. She said most companies take an average of the income after expenditure and tax from the last 2 years but good to have 3 if possible. You can make your income look higher by not putting expenses through. You may then need to pay tax but the amount you will pay tax will be worth not paying as obviously in terms of mortgages the figure is multiplied to see what they will give you so paying out say 2k could be worth 8k more on a mortgage offer so you will have made yourself the extra 6k which could make all the difference.

We had to wait til I had built up my business and I have now been minding 4 years to get to the point we could afford to move. It was a pain but we couldn't afford to do it without my salary coming into the offer.

9. Likes littlefootsteps, funemnx, TabbyTuTu liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

So pleased to have seen this, we have to remortgage nrxt year and I'll have been minding about 18 months by then so only have one full year of accounts if they take it from tax return.
    Can I ask do they calculate it on total earnings or earnings after tax is taken off?
    I had been planning on putting much in the way of expenses through, can you put through none? Or do I have to claim things like electric bill wear and tear etc?

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Calculated on earnings after deductions hence why I put through nothing.

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd seek advise now and see what they come up with. We needed as much income as possible from my side to afford to move.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

we currently have a flat and have just took it off the market as we've been advised it won't sell for the amount we want this year. We were planning on renting but if we have to wait another year anyway we may as well wait the two-three years needed for a mortgage - Our adviser told us two would be enough but based on my hubbys earnings I need to be raking in at least a grand a month to have any chance of getting another mortgage! And yes, the less you put as expenditure the better

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by alex__17 View Post
    So pleased to have seen this, we have to remortgage nrxt year and I'll have been minding about 18 months by then so only have one full year of accounts if they take it from tax return.
    Can I ask do they calculate it on total earnings or earnings after tax is taken off?
    I had been planning on putting much in the way of expenses through, can you put through none? Or do I have to claim things like electric bill wear and tear etc?
    It is calculated on your annual 'turnover'...those who look at small businesses accounts understand what it means and that there are expenses as well as benefits

Talking to an independent financial adviser is the best way to get to a mortgage...their advice usually costs nothing
    Look for one close to you and make an appointment for him/her to come and see you

Good luck

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We bought 8 yrs ago then moved/sold/bought again 3 yrs ago. Our independent financial advisor had a copy of 2 previous years accounts and got us a mortgage based on my income as explained that alot of my expenses were house related etc plus that someone on a salary (ie DH) only has their gross income considered not all their expenses/car costs etc.
    However ... I have been minding for over 10 yrs now and we have been using the same advisor since before then so I think it was a bit easier.