Activity ideas at pre-reg?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Activity ideas at pre-reg?

IF you have your own children what activities did you do whilst Mrs O was doing your pre-reg?

If I get my visit before Sept il have all 3 at home, 20 months, 6yrs and 13yrs, any ideas?

Thanks x

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm planning my other half to sort my daughter out 18months x

Post Thanks / Like

My hubby works shifts so he maybe at work or in bed.

I'm thinking of making a rainbow cake with them so she can see my understanding of the 7 areas of learning in one activity x

4. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

My understanding of the pre-reg visit is sit down an talk to you Hun don't think it would be possible to do a cake and that tbh. Best reading some of the posts on here about what others have don. My other half works shifts as well I'm gonna try and get it around the right time.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh ok thanks Hun.

I may see if hubby can get that day off (whenever that maybe) so I can concentrate x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

That was my thought when I read what others have put. I think I would be a good idea at the 6months grading inspection because I believe they are looking at your interaction with the children then rather than checking your polices RAs etc..... Xx

Post Thanks / Like

I shall be shipping the kids off with hubby then that day

Then celebration shopping afterwards sounds good whilst I have a child free day x

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about the answer to the question as its been a long time since i registered, but I like the idea of a rainbow cake.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I did planting seeds with the kids and a kid led activity which was the kids playing in the sand pit we pretend to be at the beach.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pre-reg is nothing to do with watching you with children, and inspectors are never interested in your own children anyway.
    Best try to get yourself some quiet time just you and inspector- you need to be able to concentrate and get through a lot of questions and discussion without any distractions.

When you have your first graded inspection, around 6mths after registration, that is the time to be getting the activities out- but again, it is only the mindees who inspector looks at, not your own children.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    Pre-reg is nothing to do with watching you with children, and inspectors are never interested in your own children anyway. Best try to get yourself some quiet time just you and inspector- you need to be able to concentrate and get through a lot of questions and discussion without any distractions. When you have your first graded inspection, around 6mths after registration, that is the time to be getting the activities out- but again, it is only the mindees who inspector looks at, not your own children.

Thank you Hun x