OFSTED to clear the record
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default OFSTED to clear the record

Right guys who have been told by there LA that u need PLI and ICO ready for your pre reg visit (I was told this as well). I rang ofsted an they said u do not need ICO but an understanding of what it is and that u will need it at some point. Also PLI a written quote is required HOWEVER u need to speak to your inspector when they ring if this is ok. As we all know and she acknowledged this as well they are all different! So thought I should let u guys know xxx

2. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I find this whole situation comical - I thought to get PLI you needed your Ofsted number?
    Debbie

4. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't have my Insurance in place till after my inspection and they was fine with this as you need your ofsted number x

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree no insurance company will issue PLI insurance unless they have proof you are a Reg Childminder.

So glad we don't have any DO with the rubbish you here that they talk on here!!!

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    I agree no insurance company will issue PLI insurance unless they have proof you are a Reg Childminder.

So glad we don't have any DO with the rubbish you here that they talk on here!!!
    152 LAs with 152 individual interpretations and conflicting advice...I wonder who trains these DOs to dish out such useless support? but I also wonder at the conflicting advice often given by the Ofsted helpline
    And some LAs want to become an agency?

We may need to raise such issues at OBC again

Hummingbird...if you intend to become a member of any of the representing associations I would suggest you give them a ring regarding your PLI
    If not and you will go with Morton Michel...give them a call and see what they say

I would have thought we need ICO membership because the minute we have children on roll we handle data
    let us know what comes out
    Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

I got my PLI through Pacey the day after my Pre-Reg visit (I didn't have my Ofsted registration number because I hadn't received my certificate at that stage), and my PLI certificate was available to download from their website. They now give you 90 days to provide your registration number

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    152 LAs with 152 individual interpretations and conflicting advice...I wonder who trains these DOs to dish out such useless support? but I also wonder at the conflicting advice often given by the Ofsted helpline And some LAs want to become an agency? We may need to raise such issues at OBC again Hummingbird...if you intend to become a member of any of the representing associations I would suggest you give them a ring regarding your PLI If not and you will go with Morton Michel...give them a call and see what they say I would have thought we need ICO membership because the minute we have children on roll we handle data let us know what comes out Good luck
    I am going with MM and printed a quote of. I think it's hard enough with variations in ofsted alone never mind the LAs as well. It's amazing how anyone can get registered or even be awarded outstanding in their inspections with such conflicting advise. Xx