Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Membership and insurance options

Hi

Does anyone know if there is an updated version for Membership & insurance options for 2014. There was a previous post outlaying the options available but it for for 2013.

Can you also tell me if you can take out insurance on its own without having a membership or is it better to have the two combined.

Thanks

Sheila

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It really depends on who you want to use.

I am insured by Morton Michel - they are just an insurance company that sells insurance to childminders and also has paperwork that it sells. I chose them because other childminders had said they had good cover in the event that a parent doesn't pay. they have some training and some on-line magazines for policy holders.

I am also a Pacey member - Pacey campaign on behalf of childminders/childcare they are a professional organisation. They also sell PLI insurance at a discount and paperwork. They provide training both free and paid for and provide a magazine for members. You cannot take out their insurance without being a member. I am a member because I want to be part of a professional organisation, I want to support their campaigns on our behalf.

The way I do it is more expensive but I am happy

3. Likes Chatterbox Childcare liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have both my membership and insurance with Pacey because the insurance policy was better for me but my DH has insurance with MM only and no membership
    Debbie

5. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Other organizations also offer Insurance now but I have no idea of the costs.

UKCMA I believe they use Morton Michel
    and

Pre School Learning Alliance

I think Childcare.co.uk also offer insurance via Blu Fin I think who are the same broker who advertise in Pacey Magazine.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Membership and insurance

Thanks everyone.